Chapter 12: Tell me to back off

Chapter 12 - Tell me to back off

"I'm sorry. You didn't mind?"

Levi did the smallest of nods.

"Why?" you blurted. "I mean how—no, why are you okay with this? I crossed the line and did something I shouldn't have."

Suddenly, Levi took several steps towards you, causing you to unconsciously take a couple of steps backward. He kept doing this, until you felt your lower back hit his office table. You swallowed a breath.

Levi took in a deep breath and sighed. He was not good with words, not good with expressing his feelings. He's never been good at it with strangers, his colleagues, or even his friends, what more with you?

He recalled his conversation with Erwin, about how he suggested that Levi be the one to initiate first. He also recalled your encounter with your ex-crush last night, and how close Levi was to letting you slip away. Last night was when Levi truly realised that he couldn't stand the thought of you being with another man. He wanted you.

"You know if you keep doing things like that, I'm going to get the wrong idea right?" Levi said, his voice a low and husky tone. He was looking at you with his dark steel-grey eyes so intensely that you unconsciously shifted your gaze away.

You were at a loss for words. Levi had closed the gap between you two even more and right now, he was barely a few inches in front of you. You had an obvious pink flush to your face, eyes wide, lips slightly parted. Levi placed his hand on top of the desk, half-caging you in between him and the desk behind you. You felt the edge of the desk pressing into your legs and lower back. He's so close. Damn, was he always this bold?

"What you did last night," Levi started his eyes slowly making its way down to your lips, "I don't mind you doing that again."

You felt your breath hitch. The way Levi was looking at your lips and caging you with his body made you feel vulnerable and unusually shy. Levi inched his face a little closer to yours.

You caught his familiar scent of fresh laundry and tea leaves. His bangs fell to the sides of his face, framing his gentle, shy expression. God, he looked so fucking handsome. Seraphic. Angelic.

"I need you to tell me to back off," Levi spoke in a near-whisper. "Tell me to back off. And I swear won't pull anything like this again."

Your heart was beating so fast you could hear them drumming in your eyes, adrenaline rushing through your veins. For some reason, it was near unfathomable to really think of Captain Levi as a man with his own desires and needs. You were a little afraid of what comes next after you speak. For a moment, you catch his eyes flickering to your lips.

"What if.. I don't want you to back off?"

That did it for Levi. The self-control he's been holding back for the past hour, no, since last night, or even from farther back, has finally snapped in half.

You weren't exactly sure how it happened, but all of a sudden, you found Levi holding the back of your neck and pulling you close to him where you met his lips. His sudden proximity sent you into a bout of whiplash, it was so instantaneous and urgent.

It felt like you were plunged into a point of no return. In that split second, you almost resisted and moved back, but you were going nowhere with his hand firmly holding the back of your neck in place. You gave in.

His lips were warm, unexpectedly soft. You had unconsciously brought up both of your hands to stabilise yourself, and you could feel the strain of his toned chest against his white blouse. Time seemed to stop when both of your lips met. Your heart pounded loudly, your knees beginning to weaken. You could only focus on how soft Levi felt in your mouth, how addictively he invaded all your senses in an instant.