Preface and notes

In which you show a wounded, guarded man how to be kind to himself.

Slow burn romance and an emotional rollercoaster. This story is told in 2nd person "you/your", I will avoid using "Y/N" as much as I can. I also avoid describing specific physical characteristics, forgive me if I accidentally let any slip! I will also be introducing a few new characters of my own that act as supporting characters in the Military Doctors regiment.

Main pairing is Levi and Female Reader (you), with a brief love triangle with another character.

To get an idea of reader's character, as a doctor, she has a strong moral compass and her personality gears more towards good and compassionate. However, she isn't afraid to bend rules and do dirty work if needed. This story also follows the canonical events of AOT.

Also, fun fact, this story was actually inspired from a song called Be Kind by Halsey and Marshmello. To me, this song is about a lover who struggles to confide their problems and fears with their partner, due to past trauma.

*Jan 2024 update: This story has undergone a rewrite, mainly from early to mid chapters. Main plot and content remains mostly the same, I have mainly rewritten to suit my current writing style better and to develop the relationships between some characters better!

*Warnings: (Contains smut, graphic portrayal of violence and medical scenes)