5. Emotions

Aaradhya ~

I was passing through the corridor when I heard that 'Rajan' had lost one of his brave man. Who was very close to him and he used to believe him more than anyone. His advisers were also sad.

I reached the kitchen and saw mother tensed. No, she was crying. I went to her and told that the king had lost.....
She interrupted me and said.....

"I know . Take care of him . I know that you haven't become that much close to him still now. But try to make him cheerful. You don't know how much stressful a war is. He had to see many deaths and specially the death of his close ones. He needs comfort. Now treat him as your best friend. The one whom my son lost was like his father figure. He taught Aakarsh the war techniques and taught him how to be a good ruler. He was also close to your baba saa. Aakarsh didn't want him to go to war again at this age. But that man was stubborn and strict about his rule. He served us and protected us a lot. My son would not break that much but was broken due to the promise he made to his wife. Aakarsh promised his wife and son to protect him but he failed.I know my son can't accept failure. He died five days ago but still Aakarsh continued to fight that cruel war against his enemy.I was also not that much close to my husband at first but slowly I became his. It takes time but you will understand that he is a diamond. Now he will make distance from everyone but if you let him continue then he will fail to return in his normal life. I have seen more wars than you . I have seen my son struggling to save his people and mourning behind the doors for those people. He is not that much expressive.You are his wife and I hope you will be able to understand his condition. You also have duty as a queen to serve. Now you are the 'rani sa'."

I was quiet the whole time and processing those words in my mind. I realised that he really tried to be comfortable and friendly with me. But I ignored him. Now it's my responsibility to take care of him. I went to our room with dinner and still saw him lying on the bed but conscious.

I went towards him and said , ' it's nearly midnight and you should eat the food . You haven't eaten anything since the morning.' He didn't even look into my eyes and grabbed the plate and was going to throw it . But I hold his hand tightly before that action could take place. His eyes were not holding the same emotion as before. He used to be soft only to me and I was the only one who was allowed to see those emotions in his eyes. I told him not to put anger towards the food , the food is god to us. He just got out of my hold. He supported himself on the headrest .

I didn't know what rushed into my mind , I suddenly hugged him. It was a tight warm hug from me. I came towards his ears and said " I haven't eaten the whole day and I was patiently waiting for you these many days to come but you came in a lifeless way which I didn't like . I know it's hard for a person to bear the death of close ones but you are a king and have to protect like an umbrella when it's raining. For that you have to eat . He died to protect you and now you are putting yourself in danger. If he was close to you then he would never want to see you in this way. "

He didn't say a word. Then I fed him a morsel and he started to eat like a baby. But suddenly he took the plate from my hand when there was still some left.

"Arehhh... there still left and you have to ...." before I could complete he fed me. I was surprised but melt at his cute action. I didn't know how but after living seperated for this war , I was being attracted to him more. The whole food was eaten completely and I went to the kitchen with the plate. I told the maids to put all the medicines , water , some dry food and necessary items in the room. If it is required in the middle of the night then I won't have to search for it.

When I entered the room he was sleeping on his side of the bed . I went to my side and laid down. His upper body was naked and the blanket was not fully covering his body. I looked at the scars he got during previous wars and also at those raw cuts. It was disgusting. How could he endure those pains? I didn't notice but tears filled up my eyes.

I sided those pillows which were creating the barrier. I took the ointment and started to put that on his cuts. But suddenly he held my hand on his rough ones and jerked me upon him . I was startled by his sudden action.

" You don't have to do this , just sleep beside me." He said in his sleepy voice.

I got out of his hold and lied down. He slowly snaked his hand around my waist and snuggled his face around my arm. "Youuu.." He didn't let me utter a word and hushed me.

" Shh.. just sleep."

~

Hii!!!!! Double update!!!!!
I can't update tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. So I updated today only. Please give me some time as my exams are coming near. I have to prepare myself for the exams. Hope you will enjoy this chapter. Comment down your thoughts and vote for the chapter. I hope this story will not disappoint you at all. Take care. Enjoy the story.
Lots of love❤️❤️❤️❤️