chapter 10

The brother-in-law and sister-in-law spent the night in the wooden house and returned to the farm when the rain stopped in the morning. Surprisingly, as soon as Chu Hechao returned to the farm, he had someone quickly prepare hot water for bathing. The speed at which this was done left Yuan Li a bit puzzled.

Strange, he hadn't even started to persuade Chu Hechao yet, but how did he leave on his own?

But this was obviously a good opportunity. Yuan Li didn't waste any time and called Guo Lin to accompany him to meet Wang Er.

Guo Lin led him towards the residence of the farmers and whispered, "Young Master, things haven't been peaceful in the refugee camp since you returned."

Yuan Li frowned, "Hmm?"

"A few days ago, the relief grain distribution stopped. Following your previous instructions, the manager had the refugees work in exchange for food and wages by repairing roads and cultivating farmland. Everything was fine, but these past few days, there have been quite a few complaints in the refugee camp," Guo Lin explained. "Some people are unhappy about having to work for food. They say that the county government is so wealthy, yet they hesitate to provide even a small portion of the grain. They even say... they say you are pretending to be kind and benevolent. If we don't intervene soon, there might be a small riot in the refugee camp."

Yuan Li stopped in his tracks, "Are there people intentionally inciting trouble inside?"

Guo Lin nodded, "Yesterday evening, Zhao Ying caught five people who were leading the disturbance. He asked me to inquire, how should we deal with these people?"

"Force them to reveal the mastermind," Yuan Li's gaze turned cold, "Once the mastermind is revealed, execute them on the spot in front of the refugee camp."

The refugee camp was not lacking in scheming individuals. Yuan Li had witnessed many conflicts arising from the distribution of rice. If there was no absolute deterrent, the remaining hidden dangers would only grow.

It was a good opportunity to show these people that Yuan Li wasn't a softhearted pushover without boundaries.

Wang Er had received the message from Yuan Li earlier, so he woke up early and meticulously cleaned his house. He polished the few pieces of furniture he had until they were spotlessly clean. After completing these tasks, he eagerly awaited Yuan Li's arrival.

As soon as he saw Yuan Li, Wang Er immediately stood up, his emotions overflowing, and said, "Greetings, Young Master."

After several days of rest and recuperation, although Wang Er still looked thin and emaciated, his spirits were much higher. His complexion was rosy, and his eyes were bright and clear, no longer showing the fierce vigilance from their first encounter.

Yuan Li smiled and said, "Wang Er, the manager said you wanted to see me?"

Wang Er nodded and cautiously looked around, closed the wooden door, and walked up to Yuan Li. He quietly revealed the whole incident of him leading a group to rob the embezzled funds from corrupt officials in Hanzhong and bribing high-ranking officials in Luoyang.

Yuan Li didn't expect him to be so straightforward in telling everything, a hint of surprise flashed across his face, but then he calmed down and listened carefully to Wang Er's words.

However, at that moment, the usually silent system suddenly spoke up.

【The Encyclopedia of All Things system has been activated】

【Mission: Obtain the bribe money Qian Zhongsheng, the magistrate of Hanzhong, was delivering to Zhang Siban, the eunuch superintendent of the Monitoring Bureau in Luoyang.】