chapter 165

Once the news reached Jizhou, Yuan Li burst into laughter, saying, "Great!"

He asked the talented writer Cui Yan to write two articles—one about the Xiongnu and the other about the Wuwan. Cui Yan was a native of Youzhou and had suffered from constant invasions by external enemies. Upon hearing the news, he couldn't contain his joy and wrote two brilliant and remarkable articles. Both were eloquent and captivating, earning praise and acclaim, and could be considered masterpieces worth passing down through generations.

As Yuan Li, who already knew about the events, read the articles, he was exhilarated and filled with passion, and he could easily imagine how others would react.

He immediately praised Cui Yan, "Marvelous! Indescribably marvelous."

Blushing, Cui Yan smiled modestly and said, "I've been busy with inventing agricultural tools in the Artifact Division for these days, and I've neglected writing. I'm glad that you find them satisfactory, Duke Wen."

Yuan Li was very satisfied. He even thought that, based on his experience of memorizing several famous literary works from the future, these two articles might also be selected for future language textbooks.

The thought delighted him even more.

He then publicized the articles, spreading the news of the Xiongnu's annihilation and the killing of the treacherous Wuwan people.

Such major events didn't require any further promotion; they spread at an incredible speed. Both literati and common people were jubilant and excited. They wrote letters and went out to tell others about this great news as soon as possible.

A few days later, Yuan Li received a letter informing him that Chu Hechao and the others would not return until the end of the month. He patiently waited, preparing a celebratory banquet for these heroes upon their return.

Chu Hechao led the army back to Ye County several days in advance, arriving in the middle of the night.

Yuan Li was sleeping when he returned, and Chu Hechao didn't want to disturb him. After washing up, he silently climbed onto the bed.

He missed Yuan Li so much, and he couldn't help touching and hugging him, planting several kisses before he felt satisfied enough to sleep.

Initially cautious and ready to wake up, Yuan Li relaxed upon smelling the familiar scent and continued sleeping peacefully. The next morning, when he opened his eyes, he was startled to see a wild man in his bed. Subconsciously, he kicked his legs and sent Chu Hechao tumbling off the bed with a heavy thud.

Chu Hechao groaned a few times, veins popping on his forehead, and said, "Yuan Le Jun."

Yuan Li realized that he had kicked the wrong person, coughed, and helped Chu Hechao up. "When did you come back?"

Using his momentum, Chu Hechao flipped onto the bed and pinned him down, keeping his eyes closed. "Last night, I haven't had a good night's sleep in several days. Let me sleep a little longer."

Yuan Li said, "Don't crush me, go sleep on your side."

"Nope," Chu Hechao pressed down on Yuan Li's limbs and acted spoiled, "Sleep with me. You kicked me early in the morning, and you didn't even give me a piece of your personal clothing to ease the longing. Don't you know how to cherish your man?"

As he spoke, he couldn't help but sound a bit resentful.

Yuan Li sighed, "I do cherish you, but you are so heavy that you make me uncomfortable."

Chu Hechao smirked and lowered his head to kiss Yuan Li on the lips. He sighed and said, "Silly boy, how could I bear to keep pressing on you."

With that, he released Yuan Li and laid down beside him, holding his hand. "Wait until I fall asleep before you leave."