45-46

Chapter 45 Cousin

"You look exactly like the father in the portrait. You are my father."

"What portrait? Why didn't you tell me when you were in Puzhou?" Meng Ze asked in a deep voice.

A gust of autumn wind blew by, blowing the orange leaves on the trees, and the oranges that were originally hidden behind the green leaves were exposed.

Wei Xuan raised his hand and picked one, stretched it out in front of Lian Yu, and said with a smile: "Take it and eat it. The ground is cold. Get up and let's go into the house and talk slowly. If your father runs away, I will help you catch him." 

Lian Yu was still thinking about his book, so she finally relaxed her strength, took her hand back from Meng Zeshen's thigh, took the orange in front of her, and stood up from the ground.

In the end, several people did not enter the house, but sat under a pavilion in the courtyard. Hanzhu went to the house to make a pot of hot tea and brought two plates of exquisite snacks.

Wei Xuan took a sip of hot tea and felt comfortable and warm all over. He smiled so much that there were two more wrinkles on his face: "Girl, tell me about that portrait." 

Lian Yu put down the orange in her hand and picked up the plate. After eating a piece of snack, he replied: "I didn't say it last time because I lost my memory and didn't remember it."

Wei Xuan then asked: "What happened to the amnesia?"

Meng Ze looked at her deeply, with that look in his eyes. As if to say again, edit, continue editing.

This look is a threat to others, not even Yu Xiaoyu, and has no impact at all.

She had no psychological burden at all and continued to make up: "I was picked up from the Pushui River in the spring. My head was injured and I can't remember anything before. Some time ago, I came here I encountered bandits on the road in Yuzhou. I was frightened and remembered some things from the past. I only remembered a woman pointing at the portrait on the wall and telling me that that was daddy." 

She looked at it with admiration in her eyes. He looked at Meng Zeshen who was sitting opposite him and said, "The man in the portrait is you, daddy."

Meng Zeshen knocked on the table with his fan and said coldly: "No, don't scream."

Wei Xuan touched the long beard under his chin with his hand, shook his head and looked at Meng Zeshen: "Could it be that your father left him outside?"

Meng Zeshen said: "My father looks majestic and powerful, and I don't look like him."

Wei Chi was puzzled: "If your father is like this, why did he give birth to such an exquisite son like you?"

Meng Zeshen said: "I was born Xiao Mu, why not?"

Wei Chi clapped his hands happily when he heard this. Said: "That's right. Your mother always has brothers, right? Maybe she is your uncle's daughter who was left outside." 

"Tell me, do you have an uncle who looks similar?"

This time, Meng Zeshen's brows furrowed, he pondered for a moment, and then slowly replied: "There is an uncle who looks exactly like me." Although the portrait is only about 70% like me, my third uncle also looked like him when he was young. He is a scholar, and with his clothing, temperament, and portrait, it makes sense that he is very similar.

Third uncle Tao Xiyun, who came back from a study tour a few years ago, fell seriously ill. He felt as if he had walked through the Hall of Hell. After he woke up, he was in a wheelchair and could not walk. The doctor could not see him. Where is the reason?