CHAPTER I: THE UNWILLING CONSENT

Author PoV:

It was an auspicious day at the Kingdom of Abadi. The streets and markets were being decorated with flowers and the like. It was the Great Festival Of Abadi that takes place atleast once a year. A day that is never forgotten. The day that brings joy. Various energetic activities and programmes take place on this day. A day that gives break from the daily routine and usual royal duties.

Zayn PoV:

I was getting ready in my bedroom. It was an important day. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. It was Zaheer, my boyhood sadiq{friend}. He spoke, "Are you ready for the horse race and sword battle?".
I smirked. I was born ready for challenges and battles that it wasn't something new for me. I hummed in response.

Suddenly Zaheer spoke in a serious tone, "Zayn, I am here because I have a message to give you by your father."

"What is it?".

"Well it's Shehzaadi Aaliyah. You know how your father is elated for this marriage proposal. He wants you to accept is as soon as possible."

I replied in frustration, "I am unwilling to marry her. I don't even love her. My father doesn't care about my desires or feelings. All he care is about his reputation, honor and respect".

Zaheer spoke, "I didn't tell you the whole thing, you see, your father wants you to take Shehzaadi for a hunt in the forest after the festival  so that you could know each other well".

After a pause, I spoke, "I will go but only to end this drama. I can't live my life like this. I have my own ambitions. I plan on telling Shehzaadi that I don't consent to this marriage. I hope she would understand as my father who would never".

Author PoV:

The drums begin beating heralding the beginning of the great festival. Zayn and Zaheer hurried out of the Palace. After the festival, Zayn was getting ready for the hunt. He came out afresh of the Palace. He saw Shehzaadi and two horses waiting for him. He sighed and took a deep breath. They both left the Kingdom.

Zayn PoV:

We reached the forest in no time. We both took out our bows and arrows for shooting the target but my mind was not interested in this activity. I just wanted to tell her the truth and get this burden off my chest. Before I could say anything, I saw an arrow targeted towards Shehzaadi Aaliyah. It was so fast, that it pierced through her liver in no time.
She became unconscious. I took hold of her through her shoulder. I was startled. My sight went towards the woods and I saw a large number of soldiers coming towards me. They surrounded me. It was an ambush. I tried recognizing the soldiers through their armors.

It was the Eazim's

It was the Eazim's. One of our biggest rival enemy kingdom. I had no choice but to fight them. I slowly placed Shehzaadi on the ground keeping my shield upon her so she wouldn't get hurt. All the attackers attacked me at once. They were too many but I fought with all my might and presence of mind.

Suddenly I was hit hard on my head and I fell to the ground. My vision became blurred. All I could see was a soldier holding his sword and was about to pierce my body by it.

At an instant I saw all the attackers being killed by arrows. Their soul being pierced by the arrows. My vision was still blurred. My sight went towards a woman............. Rather warrior, holding a golden sword and killing all the attackers as if she was the master of all swordsmen.

I couldn't see any further and I blacked out.

Man kanti?
{Who was she?}.

Stay tuned❤️

Lots of love. {Pink Life}.