Chapter XI: The Election

Zayn POV:

We finally reached the Eazim Kingdom. My heart was thudding fast when the gigantic door of the kingdom opened. The Kingdom was surrounded by cemented and well paved walls for protection just like ours.

My father looked behind at me as if to ask me to be careful. I shook my head in response. As we entered the kingdom I felt a different aura than usual. The commoners were surrounding us as if we were some intruders.

We could see many other kings entering the kingdom too here for the election. The palace was at the end of the kingdom so we had to ride our horses to other side of the kingdom.

On the way, we were passing by the market

On the way, we were passing by the market. It was lively and beautiful. Apart form being enemies, The Eazims did have developed appreciable merchandise and technology. I could even see small girls attending madrassa {school}, something that is very rare in Abadi.

One thing I noticed was the sidewalk pathway. It wasnt just mud and stones but some other material. It was slight yellow and shiny. It was hard. I had to admit Eazim is one of the most developed and beautiful kingdoms.

I said to my father who was riding his horse in front of me.
"Father, the Eazims are good at art work and crafts and technology".

He hummed in response. Sure he didn't like the compliment of his rival kingdom. But I can't lie about something positive and good.

We finally reached the palace. After tieing our horses in the royal stable we made our way inside the palace. I looked at General Zaheer and gave him a look to be extra careful here. He shook his head in response.

Inside the palace I was awestruck. It was the most beautiful and ecstatic palace I have ever seen. The walls were coated with green, ocean blue and white crystals. The floor was made of a hard metal that was shining black.

The soldiers of Eazim guided us to the courtroom where the election would be held.

As we entered the room, my eyes fell upon................
A tall and lean man, eyes deep black, black silky painted hair with pale skin in contrast, cherry red lips and black devouring attire. That man definitely had a dark aura.

It was King Medhat waiting on his chair for all the kings of our continent arrive for granting vote. I could see my father's expression of worriness and disappointment. King Medhat suddenly spoke while looking at us,

"Welcome dear King Omer and Prince Zayn Omer. I am honored that you came here even after our bittersweet relationship". His  voice was deadly.

My father spoke, "Of course we had to come but only for elections. Not something we chose on our own".

King Medhat just gave a smirk and we took our seats. I could feel his eyes on me and I looked at him. We both were staring each other in cold anger. Soon the room was filled with all the kings and it was time for the election.