Chapter V: I Refuse!

RABIA POV:

It was night and I had to go to bed. I wasn't able to sleep.  My mind could only recall the moments that happened today at the artist's shop. I looked at the flower painting that leaned against a wall.

Prince Zayn!

 I was lying on my bed, closing my eyes and trying to sleep. After rolling all over the wooden comfy bed for a long time, I decided to roam in the palace. I wore my hijab and a long cape covering my head and took a small dagger tying it around my waist belt.

I stood up from the bed and took hold of a candle that was resting on a wooden table next to the bed and escorted out of the room. The hallway was dark yet majestic. There was no light except for the fire candles that hung on the each paving of the wall. I could feel the cold air hitting my face. The hallway was silent. Not a single soul could be seen at night but I wasn't afraid.

I didn't know where I was heading but simply walking. I made sure to keep a track of the way I had come from in order to return back to my room without getting lost. I was still walking in the hallway when I noticed some light coming from an archway. I walked further to find it was a balcony. I stood there looking at the sleeping Kingdom. It looked even more ecstatic at night. It was completely pleasant and silent until I felt someone's presence behind me.

Who was behind me? I kept my hand on my dagger in case of an emergency and turned behind...

ZAYN! I was startled.

"Prince Zayn, you scared me! Couldn't you tell you were here?".

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you".

"It is fine".

"Anyways, why are you roaming in palace late at night?".

Wait, was he following me all the time? No wonder I felt someone's presence while I was walking down the hallway adding on to the horror in the darkness. His blonde hair was clashing with the moonlight. His blue eyes seemed like a deep ocean. His looks were definitely amazing. {Author thought: Masha Allah 😉}.

"I wasn't able to sleep. That's all. Well, I could ask you the same question".

"Same as you".

And then there was an awkward silence. I didn't know what to say. I was feeling uneasy. But then I suddenly remembered, THE EAZIM'S. I didn't get much time to do research so I decided to ask him instead. He surely wouldn't suspect me right?

"Prince Zayn, Do you know who were the attackers in the forest?".

"As per my knowledge, They were the soldiers of the Eazim Kingdom. They are our enemies from a long time".

"Any particular reason?".

"My father said that they were dishonest in their trade of goods during an alliance. Under unknown circumstances, a war occurred at the time when I was a toddler. He says the war destroyed their economy and social life of the commoners".

"A war." I murmured to myself. I looked up at Zayn who was still staring at me. After a while, He said, "It is getting late, I better go to sleep and you too". I hummed in response.

He turned to leave, before leaving he slightly turned his face towards me and said with a slightest of smirk,