Chapter VIII: Heart

Author POV:

Rabia was falling from a great height on the roof. She was unconscious. The arrow injured her badly. Luckily her head and neck landed on a sack of royal blankets that layed neatly on a cart ready to be exported to Ruha. However her body landed directly and hardly onto the bare cart which further pumped the arrow in her body. Deepening and worsening her wound.

There was not a single soul in that area. It was silent. No one took notice of Rabia. She layed there lifeless. Her wound bleeding badly.

Zaheer POV: {Zayn's Friend}

Being the army general, it is my duty to ensure the safety of the kingdom at night. I usually patrolled import at places in the kingdom at night before going to sleep.

It was the last area of patrol. I reached in the area of a large number of carts. They were the goods that were to be exported at dawn. There seemed no signs of suspicion . It was dark. I could barely see anything. I could have skipped the watch but I never back off my duty.

I walked around the carts caressing the goods with my palms. Royal blankets. So soft and smooth. Until, I felt my hand on someone else's. It was very tiny and soft. I was startled. It was too dark. I was unable to see anything. A person? In a cart? Was I dreaming? No I wasn't.

I took a fire torch stuck to the wall of the palace in my palms. I went towards the cart in which I felt the hand. Miss Rabia? What is she doing here. She was unconscious. I further moved the torch to view. She was injured by an arrow! What happened here? My mind was panicked. There was no one in the place.

I shouted at the top of my lungs to call for some soldiers. But no one took any notice. I couldn't leave her desperate here. I know it was wrong, but at the very moment I had no choice. I gently picked her up in my arms{bridal style}. My sight went towards her face. It was so pale and lifeless. I was shivering by this sight.

I ran towards the palace to inform Zayn

I ran towards the palace to inform Zayn. As I reached the palace, I was surrounded by maids in the corridor. I told them to inform Zayn and King Omer and call the tabib {doctor} as she needed immediate attention.

One of the maids guided me to her bedroom. I was taking heavy and careful footsteps. I glanced at her face, and spoke to myself,
"No wonder, Zayn has fallen for you".

I gently laid her on the bed while I looked towards the door. The tabib was here immediately. She told me to leave the room. I left the room feeling heavy. Why was I feeling this way?

Zayn POV:

I was running down the hallway. Tears streaming down my eyes. Who would dare to do this to my Rabia?! I was going towards her bedroom as the maids informed she was under treatment.

As I reached near the hallway of her room, I saw Zaheer standing outside her room. His head on the door. He looked sad. I felt my heart sinking. Does he?.......... I walked up to him.