Chapter VI: A Woman Huh?

ZAYN POV:

I was riding my horse to a barren grassland a few miles away from the Kingdom. This was the first time I had stood against the will of my father. As a child, I always abided by the rules and regulations of my father and traditions. But I am grown enough to take my own decisions.

In the grassland, there was a lonely old tree where I always used to rest. It was my favorite spot since my early teenage years and till this day. I tied my horse to the tree trunk and sat down under the shade of the tree to refresh my mind. I rested my head on the tree trunk, closing my eyes. It was quiet and peaceful just as I expected.

After a while, Suddenly I heard the neighing of a horse in a distance that interrupted my peaceful moment. I opened my eyes to see the direction where the sound was coming from. As the Voice of the horse's footsteps came closer, I stood up from the ground and held my sword. My sight went towards a horse rider coming my direction.....................

RABIA! How did she find me here and why? I felt happy by her presence. She climbed down her horse and walked towards me. She was wearing a different attire than the one in the event.

"Prince Zayn, Everyone is worried by your absence, please come back to the palace".

"I don't feel like. The palace is like an open prison for me. I just need peace in my life at least for a moment. Come sit with me under the tree".

Author POV:

Rabia understood his condition immediately. Without complaining, she sat under the tree beside Zayn. The environment was silent. Zayn and Rabia were looking at the starry sky. Zayn broke the silence and spoke,

"How did you find me here?".

"It was really easy. I understand your feelings. Sometimes we need time alone in peace".

Zayn just stared at her silently.

"During my childhood, Whenever I used to make a mistake or get scolded by my Mudaris {Teacher}, I would often go out of the cave and somewhere peaceful. It is relatable".

"I feel like you are the only one who would understand me".

"You must clear yourself with your father. It's your life and you are old enough. Don't take decisions under pressure or haste that may destroy your life in the upcoming future. Protest against him and let him hear your feelings".

There was an awkward silence after this little conversation. Rabia looked at Zayn and caught him staring at her. They both stared at each other. After a while, Rabia stood up and grabbed her dagger tied to her waistbelt. She pointed the dagger towards Zayn who was still sitting.

"What happened?"

"Come we are leaving, hold the dagger to stand up".

Zayn chuckled at this cute interaction and took hold of the dagger. They both walked towards their tied horses and made their way to Abadi.

 They both walked towards their tied horses and made their way to Abadi

Zayn POV:

As we reached the Palace, I escorted Rabia to her room and headed straight towards mine. I lied on my bed. I was exhausted. It was a big and harsh day but I somewhat admire the company of Rabia. I always want to be with her. Her words are comforting. Am I........?. My thoughts were interrupted by sound of knock on the door by a soldier.

"Prince Zayn, sorry to disturb you, but your Father wants to see you in his room".

I sighed in frustration and replied,

"I am coming".

As I reached his room, I saw him standing near his bed. His back facing me. On the other hand, my mother wasn't around. I wondered why. My father turned towards me and was holding a letter in his palms. He looked in rage.

"Son, I have received the letter regarding the yearly council. It will be held in 15 days".

"What is there to worry about that?".

"The council is being held at the Kingdom of Eazim. That place has never been chosen before for such an honorable meeting. I hate the place itself".

"Father, the council is just for one day".

"I am not worried about that, I am worried about who would be chosen as the territorial supervisor and ruler of the continent. It could be King Medhat too. He is young man but still has shown great development of his Kingdom. He would surely lead to destruction if he is in power".

"Lets see father. I will accompany you".

It was late and as I turned to leave he spoke in a firm voice,

"Son, I haven't forgotten the incident and your refusal at today's dinner. I will handle you after the council".

Ugh! I hated him now but I wasn't quiet. I replied in the same manner,

" I don't approve, and there is no one who could force me in political relationships. I have given my word that would never change".

Saying that I left. A heavy burden off my chest. Rabia has given a boost to my confidence. She is the best.

Author POV:

2 DAYS BEFORE, THE DAY OF THE ATTACK ON ZAYN.
AT EAZIM:

A minister spoke in hesitation who feared about his life after giving information to his Ruthless King.

"King Medhat, P.. P........... Prince Zayn has survived".

There was silence filled in the room. The minister talking to the King facing his back who was leaning against the courtroom chair behind. His hair deep black that was silky and smooth. His skin pale. His eyes deadly black. His lips red as cherry and blood. His perfectly carved nose and jawline.

"How do you know that?". His voice was dark and seemed lifeless that sent shivers down the minister's spine. He swallowed his gulp and spoke,

"The soldiers that survived told that, they ambushed him when he was alone with his fiancé but......".

"Hmm...? Continue".

"Bb.. But there was a woman who attacked them all of a sudden and injured our soldiers badly saving Prince Zayn".

"A woman huh?".

King Medhat shook his palm with the indication to the minister to leave the courtroom. The minister was shocked as he thought he would be dead by now. He quickly turned back to leave thanking the Almighty.

King Medhat spoke to himself with a deadly yet hot smirk.
" A woman, I would definitely like to meet you once".

Remember, {"Kulama kan al'amr 'akhtar qaswatin, kulama antahaa al'amr 'asrae

Remember,
{"Kulama kan al'amr 'akhtar qaswatin, kulama antahaa al'amr 'asrae.}
{The crueler it is, The sooner it will be over}.

Stay tuned.

Lots of Love❤️ {Pink Life}.