chapter 18.

I noticed it instantly. These past five days have been the best. I think I'm in love . I know I keep saying that but this time is true promise.

Elijah was deep in thought, I silently watched his gorgeous face taking form of different expressions as certain realizations dawned to him. He was in his head for some minutes,I had this feeling I should shake him out. When it came to Elijah I always follow my instincts, they're always right.

I held his jaw to lift his face. I felt distress flood into my heart as I saw the look on his face. His eyes had taken the dullest shade of green. Elijah's eyes aren't fully functionless , they display his emotion even when his face can't. For the time I have spent with my mate I have noticed they change color according to his emotions. The better his emotions are, the brighter his eye color is. Mostly they're a beautiful golden color or a vibrant green when he stares at me. They turn dark when he is angry. That day when I hit him they were red , I'm not sure what that stands for but I have my theories. Another was a darker shade of green that was almost black but not yet. That always came after I embarrassed myself by been a horny she wolf, yeah that I rather not talk about.

Conclusion is that, I have never seen them this dull. It's like the fire in him is dimming and I don't like that at all. I promised to protect him.

I know he is blaming himself for us not meeting when I turned 18. It was easy to catch up. Four years ago ,i remember how our alpha had gone rogue. No one ever talked about it, it was the worst he had ever been. The pack treated it like it never happened. Then I didn't concern myself with anything other than finding my mate.

In any case I was to blame, if I had stayed a little longer then maybe. But I didn't want to dwell on maybes. I believe in now, this was the right time according to the moon goddess. Four years ago both of us had unfinished business and lots of baggage we needed to load off.  No one was to blame. He shouldn't apologize, but I know telling him that won't help.

Following my instincts, I quickly changed my position from where I was cuddled up on his side, to straddling his lap. Just like when I first met him, I held his jaw with both my hands and showered his face with kisses. He needs to remember.

When I was done, the dull color had brightened to the tropical green I loved. But it didn't last. The color started darkening as I watched shifting on his lap nervously.
Why am I suddenly nervous. Maybe straddling him was a bad idea, yup definitely a bad idea Liah, we should move and go back to enjoying the rainy weather.

Before I could move again, strong hands grabbed my hips pulling me closer to him. And his lips were on mine.

Since we met ,we never kissed on the lips, it's always anywhere but.

I remained still for some seconds taking in what was going on. Then his lips started moving on mine, oh good Lord, a whimper escaped me as I slowly brought my hands to the back of his neck.
I moaned into the kiss as it deepened. This is better than I imagined. His lips were the softest kissing me with gentleness I never knew to exist.  It's like he was communicating what he couldn't tell me with his words.
And his taste, goodness, he tastes as delicious as he smells .

I accidentally grinded on him in attempt to be nearer, Elijah growled as it vibrated through his chest. I want to hear it again. And I grind on him again,  this time he growled bitting on my lower lip a gasp escaped me as I moaned at the feeling of his tongue invading my mouth. His hands were holding me to him tightly one on my waist the other on the back of my head.

My hands having a mind of their own were busy exploring the depth of his muscular front. My body was in flames, I could feel moisture drip on my panties as I continued to grind on my mates hardened crotch desperate to feel him in any form. I felt like an animal on heat but I didn't care. Elijah was no better, as I detached from him due to lack of air his lips seemed to chase after me , as a string of saliva hung between our swollen red lips. He seemed to remember we needed to breathe a second latter but he was already moving on to my neck that I gladly bared for him.

I held on to him as shivers of pleasure passed through me like electric voltage. It was still raining so when he found that spot, that spot on my neck that his mark would be, i was glad since his ears were the only witnesses to the embarrassing sound that came out of my mouth. His cool hands found their way inside my hoody caressing my now hot sensitive skin. Every touch seemed to supply shocks of pleasure in me till I was a moaning mess.

Elijah swiftly laid me on the couch his lips back on mine eating me hungrily , my hands found his soft hair as I pulled him more to him accommodating him more. It's like he feared crashing me ,but I wanted him ,all of him. My legs wrapped around his waist as I pulled him to my center. I slightly bit his tongue that was back in my mouth exploring, a switch flipped as he gave in grinding down on me supplying me with that delicious friction that generated pleasure that i never knew of driving me wild with that heavy welcomed weight of his.

We couldn't stop, we had ignited a fire that none of us knew how to extinguish. A fire both of us knew not of but understood how deep it could burn, maybe that's why we hadn't ignited it yet until now. We were both afraid of where it could lead, what it could do to our hearts and soul and the bigger question of all, were we really ready for it or would it burn us to ashes.