Chapter 49: Ash's confession

Picture: Lazarus in wolf-form 

_____________________________________________________

If I thought making it out of the room was going to be the hard task I had another thing coming because as soon as we exited shouts and growls made my ears hurt. I could feel my eyes widen as I took in the scene before me.

In front of the house I had been held hostage a full-blown fight was taking place. Several werewolves were biting at each others throats, slashing with their terrifying claws, probably attempting to claw out their opponents eyes. My head was spinning from all the blood covering the ground and I had to force my eyes to focus on something else so I wouldn't get sick. My eyes found Anton's as I shifted my face so I could bury it against his chest. I could feel his eyes on me as he realized I was suddenly shaking in his arms.

I didn't want this. I didn't want anyone to fight. Not over me. Hurting each other and fighting for their lives...the whole thing made me sick. I supposed some of the werewolves had come together with my mates and I guessed that they were a part of their pack. They were probably fighting because their Alphas' had requested it and I didn't like it. They didn't even know me and they still risked their lives fighting...and it was all because of me.

"Please make them stop..." I couldn't stop the words as they left my lips in a silent plea. Anton's eyes searched mine as I looked up at him and for a while I thought he was going to say that it was all going to be fine and that there would be no more fighting. I guess it was too much to hope for because the next thing I know his eyes narrowed and turned black.

"No, those who dare lay a hand on our mate will pay." He answered, his voice terrifying as he tightened his hold on me unconsciously. I knew his wolf was speaking as much as him right now and even though I admired their strength I didn't want them to decide that fighting was necessary.

I put my hands against Anton's chest, trying to push out of his hold with all my might. It wasn't easy, I was exhausted and both the claw-marks on my chest and stomach and the 'heat-thing' made it almost impossible to move even seemingly coordinated. Not to mention the fact that Anton held me even firmer when he felt me struggle to get away.

"Let me go...I'll stop them myself!" I forced out, even my voice sounding exhausted beyond words. In the blink of an eye a hand was gripping my jaw tightly and my eyes widened as Anton's face suddenly appeared an inch away from my face. He bared his teeth and let out a fierce growl, silencing me and making me freeze in place and stop my struggling immediately. When I did, he kept his dark eyes on me for a bit longer and then he slowly said:

"You will do no such thing. Is that clear?"

I could feel myself nodding at him, my body stiff with the shock of having him ordering me so sternly. When Anton noticed my reaction he sighed a bit and for a second I though I could see his eyes lighten but they were soon back to their terrifying black color. Without a word he closed the distance between us and before I could react he flicked his tongue out and gave my cheek a slight lick.

I had thought it would be rough but the gesture was quite gentle and I understood. He didn't want to act this rough with me but he was too worried for my safety to worry about hurting my feelings by restraining me right now.

I slumped back against his chest, every ounce of strength leaving me in the blink of an eye. I was drained of my prior need to stop the fighting and I didn't even seem to be able to move my hands back to Anton's warm chest.

As I began shivering again I could feel something soft being pulled over my head and before I knew it I had a shirt on. I raised my eyes and met Adam's worried gaze. I forced a smile as I mouthed a 'thank you' to him. He tried to return the smile but it turned into a frown when he noticed how hard it was for me to keep my eyes open. I struggled against the sleepiness but it wasn't a fight I would win, I already knew that.