A Poor Man's Christmas

This is for your contest icypenguin17. Hope you like it :)

It was the month of gifts, celebrations and holidays. In the month of December and the eve of Christmas, the whole world was drowning in joy, gifts and showers of blessings. But, in a far far corner a poor woodcutter's life was miserable. He didn't have a single penny to buy even a bunny for his kids.

Passing through the fun filled city, where few people were rushing back home with handful of presents and few people were bustling to the shops to buy presents, he felt a pang in his heart. He wouldn't have money for his survival if he doesn't deliver 50 pair of logs within the next 12hours.

He had 30 more pairs to go, but was running short of time. The pouring snow, his faltering health and age was not helping him. Crouching down to the ground, he shed his tears. Making up his mind to finish his job, he dashed through the snow to the woods. With strong determination he took out his axe and started cutting down the trees. Hours passed and he was successful in chopping 10 pairs. Wiping his reeking face, his muscles started contracting and relaxing as the cold metal hit the wooden tree.

A sweet aroma of food filled his nostrils and melodious tunes were audible to his ears. His feet started moving towards the source of smell and voice. Reaching the inner extent of the woods, he saw the most beautiful sight of his life.

There were numerous elves working for a beautiful fairy. All were humming and running around packing gifts, loading boxes with toys, filling empty bags with candies, designing and tailoring suites, noting down the addresses on the packages and transferring them to the flying carts. In a separate corner, few elves were preparing delicious cotton candies, toffees, pancakes and many more mouth-watering dishes.

All the hustle bustle stilled the moment they saw the woodcutter. He was panic stricken. But, all his fear vanished and he was astound the moment he saw the fairy's warm smile. She welcomed him and with a wave of her wand, a truck loaded with logs and presents for his family appeared in front of her. She said it was a reward for his hard work and unconditional love for his family.

Thanking the fairy and the elves, he hurried to his home with the truck and a happy smile and a content heart.