The letter

Contest by CatMint5

The room I'd entered was almost empty; just an old, cheep wooden desk with a couple of pencils and notebooks scattered on it, a metal frame chair and an untidy bed right under the open window. The whole room was dusty with the eight legged creatures hanging above, as their carefully knitted webs sprawled on the roofs and on the rusted metal frame. The room that held a mysterious aura looked uninhabited for several ages. The manky notebooks and neatly stacked pencils intrigued me. Rolling up my shirt sleeves and  picking up a rag, I dusted those notebooks and the wooden desk. The yellow pages and the distinct scent of the old notebook attracted me in an instant. I sat on the intricately designed wooden desk and flipped the pages of the notebook.   

I was mesmerized by the lovely strokes of the pencils and the neat cursive letters. The pages contained beautiful pencil sketches of various places and persons. The pictures perfectly portrayed a happy family. The other notebooks were turned to photo albums of black and white photos which were torn at the edges. Few pictures were smudged as it had been untouched for a long time. I decided to bring life to the olden goldies and cautiously tucked them inside my bag. As I turned around to leave a certain notebook that was wrapped in transparent covers caught my attention. The story written in it was about a happy couple who lived in the house. I was in tears when I learnt that they were abandoned by their own children. It had the letters written by the couple to their children and the last page shocked me to the core. The last page had a pencil portrait of a handsome man in his mid twenties and a letter addressed to him. 

There was a line at the bottom right corner of the page right above the date and signature of the elderly couple "With Love to our unborn grandchild who will visit us today." The date mentioned was of today and the man in the portrait was me.

**********************

A/N: HOPE YOU LIKE IT. THE STORY IS SHORT AS IT WAS WRITTEN IN A SHORT DURATION.

KYRA <3 :)