We Are Humans Too!

Written for Contest_Bee's Contest#2

A thousand and thousand miles afar from our golden home, leaving behind the wonderful memories with tear stained faces, we now stand isolated in a new land, which was never ready to welcome us. On a piece of nothing but land occupied by heartless souls, we stand segregated due to our darkened dermis. 

A  couple of weeks ago, the merciless sea showered its wrath on us, washing away our joys and our beloveds. We had nowhere to go and nothing to eat, as only the flowing blues were visible as far as our eyes could perceive. All we could do was to only watch the lifeless bodies and the fragments of shattered houses float along with the cascading waves. Gathering our shattered hopes and the little resources we managed to save, we went in search of a safe shelter. 

We lost a few people in our group as we walked a million mile. Few lost their lives due to hunger and thirst and the other few due to the lack of energy and hope in them.  The rest of the group had somehow managed to reach a safe place with the scraps of food they hardly found on the way. The only mistake we did was to expect a warm welcome from the native people. 

We were exhausted and our clothes were ragged. We looked fragile and dirty. Passersby looked at us with utter disgust. Though we had nothing to eat, we never wanted to beg. We ate the littered left overs and drank the waters from the road side faucets. We pleaded people to give us some work to earn money and food. But, 'Get away. We don't appreciate black people' was the only reply we got.

''You are dark skinned'' 

''You are black people"

"Black people are meant to be our slaves"

These words haunted us wherever we went. Few people even told us to lick their shoes to get food, while the others beat us and threw us out of their shops and homes.  

Our hearts broke into a million piece. We sat in a secluded area to stay away from all those racists. When we had no idea what we were going to do for our survival, the cops got us and put us behind bars stating that we were terrorists and we have entered the country illegally. We explained the truth, but all our words went unheard. They thrashed us and insulted us so badly. While our men were being thrashed, our women were molested. Unable to withstand the tortures, they hanged themselves.  

Only two of us were alive. But we were in a state of dying at any moment. We were helpless. We never meant any harm to anyone. We treated everyone with equal love and respect. Racism was never our choice to treat people in our country. Is it a mistake to have dark skin? We wonder why He made us survive the disaster. Did we survive to face these ill treatments? 

With all these thoughts in our mind, we let the heavenly forces take away our lives, leaving behind a small death note.

"We Are Humans Too! "

WORD COUNT - 520

A/N: I AM SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE BY MY STORY. THIS IS PURELY IMAGINARY, I DO NOT INTEND TO HURT ANYONE. I THINK ALL MY FELLOW HUMANS AS EQUAL. I'M NOT A RACIST AND THIS STORY IS NOT BASED ON ANYONE.. THIS IS PURELY IMAGINARY....

Contest_Bee I HOPE I'VE BROUGHT OUT THE THEME. I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS MUCH EFFECTIVE OR NOT. HOPE YOU LIKE IT. 

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR FEEDBACK... THANK YOU :)