Chapter 17

I scrambled to catch up with Harry as he took long angry strides to the car. How could someone walk so fast? Oh right, he's a vampire...

"Harry hold up, the car is lock-." I gasped in mid sentence as Harry yanked the door open. Busting the lock on the door. He got in and slammed it shut.

I sighed as I made my way to the car. He better fix that because I am broke as fuck.

I climbed in and put my seat belt on. This was going to be an awkward drive.

"Who was that?" I finally broke the silence that surrounded us. Harry was staring out the window with a hard emotionless expression. His hands were fisted in his lap as he remained silent.

After a couple of minutes I decided he wasn't going to answer so I sighed and focused on driving.

"Camila's Aunt." He finally answered but just enough so I could barely hear.

"She's-what?" I was confused, Camila had an aunt? Harry again didn't answer. "She's Camila's aunt?" I asked again, hoping he would answer but he didn't.

"Well can you at least tell me what going to happen to Camila?"

"I don't know..." He mumbled still looking out his window.

"Great..." I sighed. "She's going to be okay though...right?" I turned to Harry for confirmation but all I got was silence. I gave up on trying to get answers from him so I rubbed my head annoyed and rested my head on my hand.

"I hope so." I finally heard but he had said it like it was more to himself. I gaped my mouth open a little but closed it again and remained silent.

**

We finally got to my house and it was already dusk out. By the time I had climbed out of the car, Harry was already inside. Jesus he needs to learn to wait.

I followed in and closed the door behind me as I went to my room. I could hear mumbling which were coming from Harry and Camila. I didn't want to eavesdrop but I couldn't help it when my body reacted on its own and pressed my ear gently against the door.

"We have to Camila." Harry said sternly as I heard movement from inside.

"I know, I just-." Camila's raspy voice was even more horsed than usual.

"It's because of her isn't it?" Harry mumbled. I snapped my head back. Was he talking about me? I pressed my ear harder to make sure I could hear Camila's answer.

"I-I just....I can't leave her Harry..." She squeaked back. She sounded so small and tired. 

"You can't or you don't want to?"

"....."

"Both." She finally replied.

"Do you-do you like her Camila?"

I held my breath as I waited for her answer. After what seemed like forever I finally heard her speak up.

"I-,"

"Lauren what are you doing?" I yanked my head away from my door as I stumbled back.

There stood my mom with a confused expression as she glanced between me and my door.