Chapter 38

You guys every time I take too long to update lol~~~~~

~~~~~

•Lauren's POV•

We kept driving and driving that it almost felt like we would never come to an end. Every time I would ask how far Zayn would only respond with, "Keep driving, we'll get there soon." But how long was soon? My desperation to see Camila and to hug her was too strong for me to have patience. It's been months since I last saw or even made contact with her. The last memory is that beautiful loving night we had together the day before she left. It seemed ages ago but it pretty much was.

"Head straight and then turn right." Zayn spoke pointing towards a path that made its way into a forest. Great, more woods. I sighed but didn't say anything and proceeded to the direction he had pointed to. He seemed alarmed at everything that he barely kept a conversation up unlike how he used to. We would talk for hours but now seemed like he wanted to avoid any distractions whatsoever.

We began shaking back and forth a little since the roads were bumpy and uneven. "Zayn where are we?" I wondered looking around. Were we headed to the right place?

"The old cabin in which we were before was the cabin they used but knew the wolves would just easily attack them if they stayed so they moved over here. I'm not sure the exact spot but it should be around here." He replied also searching around. "I hope." He mumbled afterwords. I glanced at him but he paid no attention to me as he continued to look around him for any sign of a cabin.

"Wait I think I see something." I pointed toward a far off wooden cabin that seemed a little bigger than the one before. I heard Zayn lightly have an inhale and nodded.

"Yeah that's it." He confirmed. I looked at him strangely and he looked back at me. "What? We know each other's smell from a mile away." He shrugged. I just nodded and proceeded to the far off cabin that seemed just as isolated as the last one.

"Wait," He put his hand out stopping me. I immediately hit the breaks causing us to jerk a little. He held still with his eyes frowned and seemed to be trying to pick up something.

"What?" I questioned leaning in to see if I could hear what he seemed to be focusing on so much.

"Shh," he shushed me quietly. I didn't make another word or sound after that until he looked up and his eyes were a little darker. "Somethings not right." He concluded suspiciously.

I didn't like the sound of that as I looked around and tried to see anything out of the ordinary. But that was hard considering everything looked creepy especially being in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees. "What is it?" I whispered afraid someone or something might hear me.

Zayn didn't reply at first as his eyes glanced all around us. He shook head and undid his seatbelt. "Come on, we'll continue by foot." He opened his door and got out without even waiting for my answer. I instantly thought he was insane if he wanted me to leave my car and walk who knows how many miles.