Chapter 23 - Make Love, Not War

Olivia

When I open my eyes, I have a moment of disorientation as to where I am before it all comes rushing back in. Nico is practically sleeping on top of me, hugging my waist as if I were a pillow, and when I try to move, I realize I really need to use the bathroom before my bladder explodes.

"Nico," I whisper, running my fingers through his full set of blond hair.

"Hmm," he answers sleepily.

"I need to use the bathroom," I inform him.

His eyes flash open to look at me, and it reminds me of the first time I woke him up after spending the night at his house. He smiles at me lazily as he realizes he has me pinned down, and rolls me over him to the other side of the bed so I can get out.

"Hurry back," he mumbles as soon as I leave the bed.

I chuckle as I exit the room to go to the bathroom just outside, hoping I don't bump into anyone since I'm in scanty pajamas. Thankfully the coast is clear, and I realize it still must be pretty early if no one is up yet.

When I get back to the room I see Nico checking his phone, but he quickly puts it away as I approach and he pulls the covers open for me to get in. I happily slip inside next to him, absorbing the warmth emanating from him still being in bed.

He nuzzles my neck as his strong arms wrap around me, and it zaps through my entire body. I think it was meant to be innocent, but his touch awakens a strong desire in me. I immediately think of last night and how amazing it felt when we kissed.

"What would you like to do today?" His words tingle against my skin, and I have to bite my lip in order not to whimper. He's asking me a serious question, and all I can think of is spending the day with him in bed. But then I remember where we are and the reason we came here, and I'm sure he wants to spend time with his sister and Adrian.

"Whatever you want," I reply, trying to keep my voice even.

Nico lifts his head to look at me and gives me a devilish grin. "If it were up to me, I wouldn't leave this bed."

I let out a sharp breath I didn't know I was holding. His eyes turn dark as he looks at me curiously, and then roam down my body. His intense scrutiny causes my breathing to accelerate, even more so when his hand grips my hip. "You want that too?" he asks, as if not believing it.

I nod, not able to find my voice this time. He groans and his free hand comes to grab my face as he kisses me softly on the lips. He does it just once, before continuing down towards my neck, kissing each spot along the trail.

I gasp, arching my neck to give him better access. He nips at the sensitive spot below my ear, and I immediately feel a rush of heat take over my body. It intensifies as he shifts his position, and I feel his weight on top of me.

I wrap my arms around him, wanting him to stay there forever. It feels so incredible, I wonder why we haven't been doing this every day.

Sounds of clattering filter through my thoughts, and it takes me a while to register they're coming from outside the room. When they're followed by voices, Nico tenses and instantly stops kissing me.

He turns around towards the French doors, and I see the disappointment on his face as he realizes they're not sound proof. If we can hear them, it means they can hear us. He curses and drops his head against the pillow with a heavy sigh.

"Sorry, baby," he says in a low voice, looking at me as if someone had just stolen his favorite toy.

"It's okay," I reply, trying not to giggle.