35.

"Use the Force... yes.." Master Yoda encouraged Luke. Luke maintained his strength in his handstand as Yoda stood atop his boot. Luke lifts his hand, and is now holding himself up by one hand.

"Now. The stone." Yoda tells him, and immediately the stone lifts in the air a few feet. Yoda knows how strong Luke can be. R2 is beeping trying to be encouraging but it distracts Luke, straining his hold on the stone as it falls.

"Concentrate!" Yoda demands. Then Luke opens his eyes to look at the droid who is shaking so wildly. Luke realizes this wasn't encouragements at all, his X-Wing was sinking. Luke falls over, losing his grip entirely and dropping Yoda in the process.

"Oh no." Luke rushes over to the waters edge and runs a hand through his sweat matted hair, "We'll never get it out now."

"So certain, are you." Yoda shakes his head, Luke looks back at Yoda, "Always with you what cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?"

"Master, moving stones around is one thing. This is totally different." Luke complained.

"Your Father, taught you nothing has he?" Yoda shook his head.

"I don't know what you're talking about. My father doesn't just move giant ships around. I've seen him use the Force but nothing like this. This is different." Luke explained. Yoda was saddened, to think Anakin had lost his pizzazz. Although Yoda never approved of the pizzazz by Jedi nature, it was what made him Anakin.

"Then seen you nothing." Yoda said, "No different! Only different in your mind! You must unlearn what you have learned."

At first Luke's thoughts scattered. Learning was difficult enough, but to unlearn something was even harder. He stared out at where the X-Wing sunk even deeper. He figured if he wanted to go back to his friends, it deserved a shot.

"All right, I'll try." Luke said, keeping his chin up.

"No, try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." Yoda said. Luke tried to make sense of this and he felt he understood.

  Luke's hand reached out across the water and concentrated, trying to let the Force take over. Slowly, the X-Wing begins to lift out of the water. Yoda's eyes grew wide, Luke's power could potentially surpass both Anakin and (Y/N) separately. He is the one who can bring an end to Majka. His power shows this, by pulling the X-Wing far out and almost entirely until R2 beeps and Luke loses his focus. Yoda's eyes returned to their natural state as he remembered the lack of focus both of his parents also held. The X-Wing bubbles as it sets itself back into the swamp.

"I can't do it." Luke breathed, his muscles and head aching. "It's too big."

"Size matters not. Judge me by my size do you? Hm." Yoda offers his insight, "And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. It is not my slave as the dark side allows, but my friend. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us, binds us." Yoda pinches Luke's shoulder muscle, "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here. Between you and me, the tree and the rock, and yes! Even between this land and that ship."

"You want the impossible." Luke denies it. What he feels, he has been feeling his entire life. He feels nothing different because he doesn't want to feel it.

Yoda silently turns. Feeling the amount of his mother that resides in him. She carried so much self doubt into her son. Yoda thought of how to teach. He thought of (Y/N)'s Master and his good friend, Mace Windu. Perhaps not all of his methods were Jedi influenced, but he knew how to make people believe in the Force.