32. In Love With You

A/N "I fell in love with you for a reason. The reason? To fix you."

NICOLE GOLD

I stare at the small necklace around my neck, and smile. We're leaving my parents house today, and I can't help but frown. I wasn't sure if I could stay with Drew, or if I should go back to my dorm. I wanted to stay with Drew, I really do. But I feel like I may need some space. I feel like we need space.

I feel arms wrap around my waist and pull my back to their front. I smile wider, and turn around, wrapping my arms around his neck. He gives me a loving look, admiring me from the inside, and out. I bite my lip, and his stare travels down to my lips. I shyly look away, releasing my lip.

His face leans in closer to me, "You're so beautiful, you know that?"

I look up at him, and I can feel my heart clench at the sight of him. I truly do want to stay with him, but I just don't think I can.

I look down towards the ground, and I know he can feel my uncertainty.

He sighs, tightening his grip on me, "You don't.. Have to stay."

He sounded scared, and frightful. As if he truly, really didn't want me to leave him. Like I was going to leave him forever, and never come back.

I look up, and sigh to myself, "I just feel like we might need some time.."

His ocean blue eyes turn from love, to hurt. It made my stomach hurt just watching him, and I wanted to just clutch him tight, and say that I was going to stay. But I knew that I couldn't. His words hurt me, and I just feel like we need some space to clear our heads.

He let's go of me, and I instantly feel cold and lost without his arms around me. He stuffs his hands in his pockets, before placing an obvious fake smile on his face.

"Anything for you," he walks towards our bags, and picks them up while walking out of the room.

I run a hand through my hair, and sadly look down at the ground.

Knock Knock Knock.

"Come in," I say, sitting myself on the neatly made bed.

My mother walks in with a sad smile on her face, as if she knew what we were talking about, "Hey, darling."

I place a sad smile on my own face, "Hey, Mom."

"You want my advise?" She gets straight to the point as she sits her self down next to me.

"Not really," I mutter under my breath, but I don't think she really cares anyways. She's going to tell me either way.

"I think you should stay," Her words shock me, and my eyes widen as I look at her, "He's so in love with you, Nicole. He's infatuated with you. Hell, he might even be obsessed! But that's not the point," she holds my hand, "Every couple has a fight, and running away from the problem won't fix it. You need to fix it by talking about it, not shoving it aside. You should stay and talk about it."

I stare into my mothers dark brown eyes, and my heart warms from the softness she holds, "..I just don't know what to do, anymore."

"Stay with him," she clutches my hand tighter, "You love him, and he loves you. Stay. You don't find a partner like that just out of the blue, Nicole."

I look away from her and towards the wooden floors beneath me. She speaks again.

"Just.. Just think about it. Love like this doesn't happen all the time."

She gets up with that, and leaves.

I watch as she closes the door, and I'm left with heartbreaking silence. My back hits the bed as I lay myself down. Maybe she's right. Maybe I should stay with him. I close my eyes for a second, and remember the first time we met.