Chapter 9

"No, you still have to marry me. We have a contract that says we have to be married for one and a half year." My fiancé explained me. His voice was strong and confident but you could see that he actually was concerned about what I was going to say.

That was unexpected. I got so angry and could have punched him in the face as bad as I could. He could look as cute and concerned as he wanted but what is actually wrong with him.

What's wrong with the whole world?

When was he going to tell me that? He never even mentioned a contract. But for now I have to be calm. I don't want my so called 'parents' to be keen on seeing me angry.

I just turned around and went out. I am sure Daemon was following me with his bodyguards.

As I stopped in front of the black car my thoughts were confirmed. Daemon held the door open for me and led me inside the car and eventually he came, too.

He lowered the blinds of the car in front of us so nobody could hear us.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about the contract." He apologized. I have to admit that I was a little shocked that he apologized but I couldn't forgive him this easily. Even though my heart melted at the sight of him.

I know he was really sorry but I feel fooled by everyone. I forgave too many wrong people, and you can't just forgive people. I definitely learned from it.

I looked away while we drove off.

"Clare, I really am sorry." He whined. I just shrugged. Does he really think I would forgive him just like that? Well, no.

"We will talk later about that." Was all he said before silence filled the car. He is nice to me but to his bodyguards he didn't even say hello. Now he was talking to me as if I was some child that broke the rules?!

It turned out that my parents actually aren't my parents and used me. For money. Or whatever stupid reason they had, I didn't care anymore.

I'm wondering what Lisa is doing. Does she still care about me? Was she fake as well? I hope not, who am I going to trust then? I can't even trust my own fiancé. Too many things happened way too fast.

Asking myself what I did to live like this, I finally fell asleep.

~~~~

"Babe, wake up." Someone called me softly. Instead of opening my eyes, I whined. I want to sleep!

"Leave me alone." Emphasizing each word. I was relieved when nothing came back, so I could go on with sleeping softly.

Unfortunately, I deluded myself. The man, apparently Daemon, pulled my legs to him and carried me in bridal style.

"Daemon!" I whined. Why is this world so nasty to me? I am not even allowed to sleep anymore.

"You can keep sleeping in bed not in the car." He said sternly. I still didn't open my eyes.

"And I still need to talk to you." He said. That was when I opened my eyes and thank god it was dark outside or the sun would've blinded me.

"About what?" I asked.

"About the... contract, Flower." He said softly.

"First, don't call me that again. Second, I don't wanna talk about it." We were inside the house and Daemon still didn't let me down.

"We have to talk about it." His voice raising a little. He finally let me down.

"There's nothing to talk about." I said calmly. Except that he never told me that I was going to be married with him for two years or that he had a contract with my 'father' and so on.