Chapter 48

First of all: SHOUTOUT TO @ModernWoman_M 💕 Thank you so much! If you want a shoutout just text me;) Enjoy reading this chapter❤️

Clare's PoV

The ceiling above me looked cold. Too cold. Just like my heart, when I woke up in the hospital room without Daemon beside me. All those last scenes before I got unconscious ran back into my mind.

I was scared. The doctor came to see me to check up on me. Everything was fine... he said.

That's not true, though. I knew it.

"What was wrong with me? Why wasn't I able to breathe anymore? Why was I in so much pain?" The nervousness in my voice could be heard really well.

"We still haven't figured out yet, actually. We just took a blood sample to look whether there was something wrong, but there wasn't anything wrong, so the reason why all of this happened is not certain. But everything else seems fine after all, circulatory and bloodstream seem also fine, just don't forget to take two pills of these twice a day for two months. They help to keep your circulation balanced. After you finished up these, call me to make a new appointment." The doctor informed unbothered and held the white package with the pills inside to show me how they looked like.

"What about my babies, doctor?" My brain knew the answer to my question, but my heart didn't want to believe that.

The middle aged man with blonde-grayish hair and really beautiful blue eyes stared at me, as if he was asking himself something and could only get the answer from my eyes. On the little card of his white coat, was <Dr Smith> written.

"I promised your husband not to say anything about your babies. Mr Thompson would prefer to tell the answer to your question himself." Dr Smith said with an uncomfortable overtone.

Why would Daemon not give the doctor the permission to say anything about our babies?!

"When am I allowed to leave? And where is my husband? Why isn't he here? Beside me? Waiting for me?" Dr Smith probably noticed the panic in my voice, because he gave me a strange, but understanding look.

The moment I woke up in this room with lots of medical stuff around me and this typical 'hospital' smell I just knew there was something wrong, especially because I didn't feel my babies like I usually do. As if the thought of me having lost my children wasn't enough, Daemon had to top everything and not be there for me, not even beside me. To sum up, I was alone with my thoughts.

Yet, I was definitely not giving up my hope. It might me possible that Daemon was in the same room with our babies and taking care of them, because they need an extra treatment, because they're premature. If yes, I hope they're doing good.

My life without them is not possible anymore, I don't want to think about what could've happened to them.

"I don't have the answers to your question, Mrs Thompson. Unfortunately, I need to leave to go to check up on another patient, but if there's something urgent, please press on this emergency button. Get well soon, Mrs Thompson." He can shove the last sentence up his butthole.

I sighed after I saw him closing the door. On the table beside me there was a cellphone. It wasn't mine, though. I don't even have a cellphone, Daemon always gave me one of his cellphones, so I could call him in case he wasn't there.

Well, let's give it a try.

My hand crept slowly on the table, but immediately stopped, when I heard the door opening.

"Daemon, where have you been?" I was thankful not to have any sorts of needles in my skin, because I wanted to run to him, but surprisingly, he stopped me with his hand showing me to stay there.