Chapter twenty-three

Zoran's POV

_________________________________________

I made a deal with the police. If I track down Lucius' parents, they'll let me go. About time too, I lost about ten pounds sitting in that jail cell.

But enough about food. They sent me away this morning with nothing but two pairs of handcuffs and a knife. They figured my powers would be enough.

Eventually, I DID manage to track down Lucius' parents, and put them in handcuffs. I tried to spark them to make them go faster, but my electricity was weaker than Joules' and Lucius', so that really didn't have any effect.

When I got back to the police station, however, they didn't let me go, because they wanted Joules' father as well.

Needless to say, I'm now on the hunt for my future girlfriend's father. Oh, and I forgot to mention the best part. When I find Lucius again, I WILL KILL HIM!!!

Lucius' POV

_________________________________________

Joules and I searched the whole day for her father, but we couldn't find him anywhere. We finally just went back to the old lot. We saw a dark figure standing there.

Who was it? Well, who else. It was Kalub Faemon.

"Ah, there you are, Julia. I figured you'd come back. Who's this?" Joules father asked. And yes, I knew her real name. She told me her name, but she didn't trust Zoran, so obviously he didn't get her name.

"Umm, Father, this is my boyfriend, Lucius." She replied, inching closer to me. I could tell she was nervous. (Her hands were sparking.)

"Oh, is he the one you're always with? The one with powers like yourself?" He asked, but Joules hesitated. "Yes," she said at last.

"Marvelous. Now, Julia, because of your powers, everybody is after you. Lucius, I stayed with your parents to get closer to you two. I've seen how bad you have it. I would like to ask, Julia, if you would like to come home with me?"

I was shocked. Joules looked at me, but I whispered to her, "Go home. I'll be fine." She shook her head.

"Oh, yes, and your boyfriend can come, too." He said to her, and after a minute, she agreed.

We went to her home that night, and I slept in the living room. Or, rather, tried to sleep. I had gotten used to Joules being with me, and keeping me warm.

I sighed, and tried to sleep, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Joules looking at me.

"Yeah, Joules? You ok?" I asked, hoping she felt safe.

"Well....I umm....well I kinda can't sleep so I was wondering if...." She said, nervous to be asking such a thing.

"Yeah sure," I said, and I went upstairs with her. I paused by her door and motioned to her dad's room.

"He's fine," she said.

"He won't care?" I asked.

"I told him earlier that I can't sleep well, and he bought it, so he wouldn't think much of this." She said.

I curled up beside her and wrapped my arms around her. Her shirt lifted a little when I stroked he stomach. Her breath hitched and she rolled over to face me. I looked straight into her eyes and couldn't deny the love I saw.

I nuzzled into her neck and kissed down her neck and collarbone. She moaned lightly, and tangled her fingers in my hair. I lifted my head a little to kiss her on the lips. Her lips parted, and I bit her bottom lip. She groaned, and I pulled back to look at her.

"Can we just try to go to sleep? It's not because I don't enjoy this, I do, believe me, but I'm scared I won't be able to stop myself one of these days." I said to her, and she looked so disappointed.

"I'll make it up to you somehow, but I just don't want to lose control. Besides," I said, trying to lighten the mood, "your father wouldn't like me very much if I lost control, now would he?"

She laughed, and I pulled her against me.

"I love you, Joules." I said.

"I love you too, Lucius." She said, and drifted off beside me.

I could feel myself starting to drift off also, but I still remembered that the real reason we came here would wait until tomorrow. We had to ask Joules' father about our powers.

(A/N: ok, so I really need a better storyline. Any ideas on what their new goal should be? Please comment, and I'll use your ideas in my story. Also, should I off Zoran? Thanks, guys!)