Chapter twenty-seven

Joules' POV

_________________________________________

"Joules.....are.....are you afraid of me?" Lucius asked, and looked extremely hurt.

Crap. That was NOT the way I wanted it to come out. Lucius was trembling, so I went over to him and tried to comfort him.

"Joules, please.....just ANSWER ME!!! Are you afraid of me?" He asked. I was silent, not sure how to explain my biggest fear, and something not even my father had known about.

Lucius' POV

_____________________________________

Joules was silent when I asked her if she was afraid of me. Silence speaks wonders, I thought.

"Well.....I....I'm not afraid of you Lucius, but.......one of my father's friends....." She said, and I stilled, listening to her tale.

"What did they do to you, Joules?" I ask with barely contained anger.

"Well......the one man, the one who came up with the idea of watching me sleep, he came into my room one night. He pinned me to the bed and began to take my clothes off. He got my shirt and bra off and started rubbing my breasts. But it wasn't loving. I knew it wasn't. And he....he tried to....." Joules trailed off, sobbing.

"Oh, Joules," I said to her, anger spreading through my veins. What kind of psychotic person puts a young girl through that?

"But you.....he didn't, did he?" I hesitantly ask.

"No, but...almost." She says sadly, "That's why I pulled away. I'm not scared of you.....but the gesture reminded me of that man."

I pull her tightly into me, feeling bad. I want her to trust me. I would NEVER hurt her. She's amazing.

"Joules...." I hesitantly say.

"Yeah, Lucius, what?" She said gently.

Now or never, I think. "Joules, can you trust me if I take your shirt off? I want to show you that you can trust me." I say, hoping she says yes.

She nods, and I take my shirt off first, then hers. Slowly, I also reach behind her and take off her bra. She placed her palms on my chest, not pushing away, though. I pull back slightly to look at her. She blushed.

"Beautiful...." I say, and bring my hands up to her breasts. Now to truly see if she trusts me. She stiffens, but doesn't move. I slowly take her breasts in my hands and begin to rub. She gasped, moaning. I pressed a little harder, trying to convince her that I loved her with all my heart.

"Mmm........Lucius...." She moaned lightly. I couldn't take it anymore. I smashed my mouth to hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck, but still giving me enough space to rub her breasts. I pulled back and removed my hands, watching her pout and hearing her whimper.

"What?" I ask, "Do you trust me?"

"Yes, I do, Lucius. I'm sorry about earlier, but I just was scared. And.....thank you for showing me you care," she said, making me blush slightly.

"You have my permission to do that again whenever you please," she said, causing me to gape at her.

"I wouldn't put you through that torture..." I say.

"Torture? Lucius, in case you weren't listening, I just said you have permission to do that again. You really do love me, I have no doubts. And if I did, then I wouldn't now. I told you that my father's friend hurt me because he didn't love me and wasn't taking into account how pushing too hard could hurt me. YOU did though, and I couldn't have asked for someone better. I love you, Lucius...." She said. I was shocked, not just at her speech, but also at her for finally saying I love you first.

"I love you, too, Joules." I say. We pulled our shirts back on and lay down next to earth other, love seen in our movements. I wrapped my arms around her, trying to think if that noise outside the lot was real, or just my imagination.