My Mate is Married - Chapter 17

One of Seneca's library trips ⬆️

Warning: unedited
**Mature scene ahead

Ace POV

"Wait, one more question - I thought that you said that you could never hurt your mate ?"

I stared at Seneca as I tried analyzed the words that just came out of her mouth. It was really *hard* to concentrate at a time like this.

Wow - way to kill the mood Seneca, it did hurt hearing her say this. I mean she was right I told her I would never hurt her and yet here she is with me and I've already hurt her more than once.

It's just so hard to control my wolf right now with my mate so close and yet so far from my reach.

I climbed off of Seneca and laid next to her on the bed. I rolled onto my side and faced her. Then I set my arm over her allowing my hand to rest right on her hip bone. I starting ruining small circles with my thumb as I spoke.

"Well .....". I began

"And please don't just say 'sorry it was my wolf'
because I've met your wolf and he didn't try to hurt me once."

My wolf began whining in my head as he rather liked this comment from our mate .

"Seneca, a mate is the absolute most important thing in the world to you. I know you don't feel the same way towards me yet but to me you're my everything. The feelings from inside me are so strong for you and it's really hard for me to already know that you met someone before me."

"That the moon goddess for whatever reason would pair us knowing you already found the 'love of your life'. It all just already puts me on edge."

"That's why I marked you because I was just so scared that I was about to lose you. That you were headed back to another man"
I took a deep inhale to control my wolf

"In the werewolf world most wolves meet their mate between the ages of 16 and 20. And a lot of those wolves save themselves for their mate. They don't even date because they are so excited to create their destined bond. So you have to understand why my emotions are all over the place"

"I realize that Ace but I had no control over any of this. I didn't know I had a 'mate'. So I didn't do all of this to you on purpose."

She then involuntarily moved her hips in a way that made my hand slide a little closer to her center as I continued to rub circles with my thumb. 😉

"I completely understand that Seneca and I didn't hurt you because I'm mad at you for any of that. It's basically like I'm mad about other things and it takes my logical thinking away."

"When my claws came out the other night it wasn't because I was mad at you, it was ..."

"Because my scars are hideous- I know, I really didn't want you to see them, that's why I ran from the bathroom in the first place."

I looked into her eyes in disbelief. She really thought that I was disgusted by her? No wonder she was so upset in the bathroom.

I reached my hand up to the strap of her night dress. She stiffened her body instantly. "Relax Seneca, I don't care about the scars as far as I'm concerned everything last thing about you is absolutely beautiful."