Chapter 34

Warning - extremely short chapter- I've been so crazy busy with this new job that I haven't found time to write. So here's at least a little update ! Hope to add to it soon !

Seneca's POV

Miles !?

I hugged my body around him and lay my head into his shoulder and sobbed. I needed comfort. I needed to feel safe. And it's hitting me right now that maybe a life with Ace just isn't that.

Maybe with him I'll never be able to feel safe again.

I continued to cry letting every emotion out.
The fear and terror that I was just put through.
The pain of knowing that my life may have ened tonight and I might never have see May again.
The heartache of not seeing my 'destined' mate come running towards to save me.

I tried to call to him. To beg him to help me. I don't know why he didn't show up.

Ace's POV

I stood about a 50 yards from where Seneca lay nestled in Miles arms.

Even from this distance I could see and heat her clearly sobbing against him.

It pained me so much to know that I didn't make it in time. To be her savior.

After she left the spa, I took off running in the opposite direction as her. Pushing myself at full speed, forcing myself farther and farther away from my mates heat.

I knew that if I stayed by her for too long I wouldn't be able to control myself And neither would she. I know she's not ready yet and I couldn't let another thing threaten to stop Seneca from wanting to be with me.

Unfortunately by pushing myself away, I only put more distance between her and I, when I started to sense her fear and felt her calling out to our bond.

I immediately turned around realizing something had was really wrong. And at the time I had no idea that any rogue would be after her.

I pushed myself faster and faster through the woods and through fields to get back to my Seneca. The pain and her fear was coursing through me as I ran. Fueling me to continue on to save my mate, my sweet Seneca.

Just before I made it - i heard the gun shots ring through the air and immediately thought the worst.
That my life with Seneca had ended even before it had really begun.

Just as she came into view I saw her laying in his arms seeking comfort and I knew I needed to stay away.

If I made it any closer than this I wouldn't be responsible for my own actions. I'd rip her straight out of that monsters arms.

I'm so thankful that he saved her. But I also saw what she didn't notice. Miles had that gun purposely pointed straight at Issac, a member of my pack and Seneca's friend.

And it was no accident. He knows what Issac is. He knows what we are. I can smell the silver bullet still sitting in the chamber of his gun. The bullet he had full on plans of killing Issac with.

Miles stopped himself Because then Seneca might have realized the real truth.

Miles is a werewolf hunter.