Chapter Forty-six: Frozen

Hiccup comes out of a cave in the side of the Berserker island on top of Toothless, looking grim faced. He flies up to the other Riders who are fighting off the last of the Hunters' armada.

"Is the King of Dragons alright?" asks Astrid, seeing his expression.

"As far as I know, he is," replies Hiccup. "I never actually saw him, but, from the looks of it, he is too big to have anyone do any damage to."

"So, what's the problem?" she questions.

"Johann was frozen by the King of Dragons, but Viggo escaped with him and the King of Dragons' egg."

"He had an egg?" squeals Fishlegs, coming over. "Ooh, what did it look like?" Astrid glares at him. "Sorry. Not the time."

"Did you see any Hunter ships separate from the main group?" asks Hiccup.

"I saw a fourth of the ships head that way," mentions Heather, pointing South. "I thought they were fleeing. This abudance of dragons is enough to make anyone scared."

"That was probably Viggo." Hiccup looks around him. "Gather the other Riders. Heather and Dagur can stay. The rest of us will go after Viggo."

They come together and fly off towards where the Hunter ships had disappeared to. Not long after, they reappeared in the distance. From the Riders' surprised faces, you could tell that none of them suspected what they would see.

Ten ships surround a small boat. Hunters go on and off the boat repeatedly carrying jars, boxes, and relics. Viggo stands on the biggest boat, ordering the other Hunters around in a voice that couldn't quite reach the ears of the Riders up above. 

"Isn't that Draira's boat?" asks Tuffnut. 

"And isn't that Draira next to that frozen Johann?" adds Ruffnut. Hiccup pales, his eyes stuck on the two frozen figures on the large ship's deck, one of whom is being heavily guarded. 

"If Draira's here, then where's Blitzfire?" wonders Astrid.

Snotlout laughs. "You guys didn't see her fighting with the other dragons?"

"She was there?!" exclaims Hiccup. "Oh Thor, this is bad..."

"Come on.. we can easily take them down!" says Snotlout confidently.

"Not while they have Draira." Hiccup sighs. "For now, we'll just have to wait..."

*        *        *

I'm so dead. I sadly watch as the Hunters haul everything of value off my boat. At least most of that stuff is fake. My eyes, which seem to be the only things not frozen, drift to the notes in my hand. And at least they can't take this from me without letting me thaw. I smirk slightly. The Hunters had been able to take off my sheathe with my daggers in it and my bag and unload everything inside including my Flightmare mist weapons which they had been using to keep me where I am. But, I had grabbed the Dragon Eye at just the right moment, and now my fingers are now latched around it with no way of the Hunters to get it from me for the time being.

My eyes flick over to the frozen by means of ice man behind me. Johann is almost all the way melted by now and has managed to get his arm away from holding my arm in one of the transitions where the Hunters reapplied the Flightmare mist to me. All that is left to melt is his legs from his waist down. It is fortunate enough that he is standing right next to me. The thawing process has been slowed everytime the spheres are thrown at me. Until he thaws, Viggo has taken over overseeing the Hunters.

Based on my mental stock supply, I gather the Hunters have two of my mist pockets left before they run out. It's a shame they wasted so much of that valuable resource. I close my eyes, wincing. Not much I can do about it.