Boys At Camp | 10

Once we were all outside, Joseph went up on the stage. He cleared his throat and turned on the microphone. He wore an excited expression, making me assume that it was probably good news. "Good afternoon, campers." He said. "Good afternoon." We replied, all of us anxious to know the big news.

"I have a big announcement to make." 'Oooohs' floated around the air. "We all know that there's been a lot of rain lately. Well, not here, but a few towns over. Now my good buddy Rick's camp, has been flooded. So, being the nice person I am, I've decided to let his campers merge with us." Cheers erupted from all of the other campers, and I was the only one that stayed quiet.

I barely even liked the campers here, much less a whole other set of 'em. I sighed and plastered a fake smile on my face, so that the guys wouldn't get suspicious of me. If they knew that I wasn't big on the idea then they wouldn't talk to the new campers either, and I didn't wanna get in the way of them making new friends.

"Oh my god, maybe I'll finally get laid!" Chase yelled, throwing his fist up in the air in triumph. I laughed, amused by his stupidity. Who would smash his stupid ass? "You excited for the new campers?" A voice from behind me asked. I felt Liam snake his arms around my waist and lay his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed, but he could easily tell that I was lying. "What's wrong?" He asked, turning his full attention on me. "I just don't really wanna meet the new campers is all." I shrugged. "Just don't really like people." Liam chuckled and lifted his head off of my shoulder. "Well, isn't that why your parents sent you to this camp? To make friends?" He asked, pinching my cheek.

I blushed a little bit at this gesture. "Well, in my defense, I do have one friend other than you guys." I said. "And who would that be?" He asked, raising a questioning eyebrow at me, a small smirk playing on his lips. "My hair stylist, Jay." I said, sticking my tongue out at him. "I just think most humans are insensitive assholes, that's all.

Well, except for you." I said, leaning in and nibbling on his bottom lip softly. "No funny business in public." He whispered, pecking me on the lips. "People will think I'm weird if I walk around with a hard-on." I laughed loudly at this, earning a few odd stares. "Well, you're my weirdo." I said, kissing his cheek and taking my hand in his.

—-

It had been three hours since Joseph announced that we would have new campers joins us, and the buses were pulling into the parking lot. Chase, Nate, and Liam were all excited, whereas I was just standing there, my hands in my pockets, unamused. I didn't really like people that much, so I definitely didn't want to meet a bunch of them.

Once the first bus was parked, everyone rushed off, all of them anxious to get off of the bus. But the last person to get off sparked an interest in me. He had dirty blonde colored locks, with cute features, along with a small, frail looking body. He looked adorable, with his earbuds in, nodding his head to the beat of whatever he was listening to.

He looked kinda nervous, like he might have social anxiety or something. He wasn't talking to anyone, just glancing around, observing the camp. I figured I might as well go introduce myself, so I let go of Liam's hand and walked over to the mysterious boy. "Hey, I'm Elliot. What's your name?" I asked once I stood in front of the boy.

"Oh, uh, my name's Jake." He mumbled, taking one of his earbuds out. "Whatcha listening to?" I asked, liking the way his cheeks flushed when I talked to him. "K-Kane Brown." He basically whispered, his voice was so quiet. "Nice." I said, nodding my head in acknowledgment. I preferred more of emo music, but he didn't seem like the type to listen to that kind of music.

"W-Why are you talking to me?" He asked, his eyes widening, as if he'd just realized how rude that sounded. "I-I mean, uh, s-sorry. T-That came out wrong." He shook his head, face-palming himself. "It's alright." I laughed, placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and blushed a bright crimson, which made him look adorable--though I would never cheat on Liam.

"Want me to show you around?" I offered, moving my hand off his shoulder. "Uh, sure." He said, sounding a bit reluctant. "Alright, follow me." I said, gesturing for him to walk behind me. I started towards the cabin and showed him around the camp, making a circle back to the parking lot. "Well, that's about it." I said once I'd finished showing him where the cafeteria was and we were back in the parking lot.

"Thanks for the tour." He said, his stutter finally going away as he got more comfortable around me. "No problem. Wanna hang with me and the guys?" I asked, gesturing at Chase, Nate, and Liam, who stood under a tree and out of the sun. "Uh, sure." He mumbled, following me over to them. Liam's nostrils flared but he didn't say anything.

It was obvious that he didn't want Jake to hang out with us, probably out of jealousy to be honest. "Hey Elliot." He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me close. Jake raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything, probably realizing that he shouldn't piss Liam off. I tugged my hand out of Liam's grip and stepped over to Jake.

"Ignore him, he's just doing it out of jealousy. But you don't give off a gay vibe, so I think we're good." I said, giving him a thumbs up. He smiled, but he still seemed a little uneasy. "Liam, stop scaring the new kid. I'm sure he hates it here as it is, he doesn't need to put up with your bitch-ass attitude too." I rolled my eyes, a small smirk playing on my lips.

Liam glared at me, though it was playful. "I'm not scaring him. Maybe he just a pussy." He shrugged. "Correction, he likes pussy. He's not gay, so just be nice. It's not like he's Mr. Steal-Your-Man or something." I laughed lightly at Liam's expression, which looked a mixture of confused and embarrassed.

"Yeah, I'm straight. You got nothing to worry about." Jake reassured him, nodding his head. Nate and Chase frowned, probably wishing that he were about as straight as a ramen noodle. "Sucks that you're straight, man. I was hoping to get some." Chase sighed, shaking his head in disappointment.

Jake flushed a bright crimson, quickly ducking his head to hide it. "Guys, stop making him blush." I looked down at him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder. "Actually, keep embarrassing him. It's cute when he gets all red faced." I smirked at Jake, he was blushing even harder now. "Don't be ashamed. You look adorable." I said, tapping his little button nose. Liam was fuming now, not finding me very funny apparently.

"Chill, Liam. I'm only kidding." I said, unwrapping my arm from around Jake's shoulder. "Let's go play some video games or something." I said, taking off towards the cabin. They all followed me and we went into the cabin, ready to relax and play Fortnite.

-------------------

I know this update is very late, though I'm not really staying on an update schedule soooo.... Sorry if it's not very good, but here it is so yeah.. If you did like it then make sure to vote and let me know what you think. Also, Jake's pic is in the characters list.

How do you like Jake so far?? :o