Chapter Four

__••__

One Week Later

Jenna sat with her long and slightly thick legs crossed on one of the leather couches in the dim living room, with a glass of whiskey in her manicured grip. Her dark gaze was fixed on the tall bottle of alcohol sitting on the coffee table in front of her, before she shifted her brown eyes to her wrist watch.

"Late again," she muttered.

Much to Jenna's disappointment, over the past one week, Jonathan had been keeping late nights, and had barely communicated with her. She had also been receiving more pictures of her husband and Vera in more than a few compromising positions. And every night he came back late, she knew he was coming from Vera's place or wherever they hung out. It pinched her mind each time she thought of everything.

"It's late and he isn't still back, huh?" She asked while staring at her wrist watch, which read 1:10am. She dropped her hand and took a long swig of her drink. The sting from the drink made her hiss after taking a shot, before she blinked when her eyes brimmed with tears. "Calm down, Jenna. You've gotten used to this already. No need for tears."

The silent woman uncrossed her legs and stood up, but staggered in the process. She paused midway and stood properly on her feet then strolled in an irregular pattern towards the kitchen, all the while clutching the front of her night gown, and nibbling on her bottom lip.

Jenna began to place an empty pot on the stove, poured in some water and began to put in random ingredients in her drunken state. She paused after a moment and began to cry hard then resumed her work on the pot, a few seconds after getting herself. She turned on the stove, and took another swig from her glass cup that was still resting in her grip.

"Maybe if I be the loving wife he married, he'll come home early," she croaked. "But, why has he been coming late from work these days? What did I do to deserve this? Is he cheating on me?"

Jenna whimpered and slid to the floor with her empty glass. She hugged her knees and cried harder, muttering incoherent words under her breath, trying to hold herself against falling deeper into her paranoid state.

Jenna stopped short when she heard the sound of a car pulling into their driveway, then the sound of a door closing shut. She quickly rose up, rushed to the sink and washed her face with water.

As soon as the door opened, she rushed to it with a plastic smile on her face. Her brown eyes clashed with Jonathan's tired ones but her smile dropped when she got a whiff of alcohol, and something that did not smell like his perfume.

"Jonathan?" She called in a cautious tone, her eyes already narrowing in suspicion.

Jonathan stared at her sideways, dropped his work bag and brushed past her but before he could walk further, she grabbed his arm and stood in front of him. While she stared through hooded eyes, Jonathan's eyes lingered on her wet face. Taking in the wet curls that were stuck to her face, the pout of her lips. As he admired her face, he felt the stirring of his pants, and a sense of heat overtook his being as he stared more at his wife, his eyes moving from her worried eyes to her parted lips.

Suddenly driven by a wave of lust that heated his body, he wrapped his arms around her waist and captured her lips with his in a passionate kiss, which had him moaning when he felt his wife return the kiss. He pulled her closer, feeling the curve of her body and her soft flesh through his clothes. His hand moved into her hair and tilted her head to kiss her better. Their tongues battled inside of their mouths while their heart beats increased rapidly at the pleasure that went through their body.