Chapter Twelve

__••__

"Where were you?" Came Jonathan's question the moment Jenna staggered into the dark house, and after a few seconds of running her hands against the smooth wall, she felt the ridges of the light switch and flicked it, the whole room brightened.

She stood with her back straight and looked over at the man who was sitting on a couch in the living room with a hard look on his face.

"Why are you still up?" She asked back and began to stagger her way to the stairs but got blocked by her husband. "I-I want to go up."

Jonathan frowned. "You've been drinking and who were you with? You smell like a man's perfume. Jenna, what did you do?"

Jenna shrugged in nonchalance. "Why do you care? It's not like you care or anything. Why care?"

Just as she was about to keep moving towards the stairs, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her almost close to his body. She just stared at him as he took in her outfit with a grimace.

"What are you wearing? You're my wife and you left this house late without letting me know and you're coming home at 2am?" The sound of his strained tone rang in her ears.

"Why is it hurting you that I am dressed up this way, or that I went out to a club and had the best fun of my life?!" Jenna asked in a high pitched voice then giggled. "Now, what do you want from me?"

Jonathan hissed. "What's this?"

"What?" She asked, confused as her husband stared at her neck.

He dropped her wrist and held her neck softly then flipped her dark hair off her shoulder.

"This is a love bite, Jenna. Tell me the truth, who were you with. Is it someone I know? Tell me the actual truth, Jenna. Have you been cheating on me?" Jonathan demanded in a deep voice and all Jenna could do was laugh in his face for a moment then sobered up right after.

"Yes."

Jonathan backed away after her statement, mouth open and eyes widened. He ran his fingers through his hair and exhaled heavily.

"I can't believe this," he said and looked at her in anger. "Why would you do such a thing to me?! What happened to our vows?!"

Jenna tilted her head sideways and smiled at him then gave another quick shrug of nonchalance.

"I don't care," she simply said with a wave of her small hands. "You shouldn't either. You also cheated on me. So." She moved her hand in front of her until she pointed it at him.

Jonathan growled under his breath. "I have never cheated on you!"

"Stop lying to me!" She barked, her eyes stinging and brimming with hot tears. "I am not stupid or naive, dear husband. I've seen it all, the way you two talk, walk, play and even look at each other! Did you think I was never going to find out?!"

Jenna breathed convulsively as she held her head with her hands while shaking her head left to right. She took her hands down and looked up at Jonathan who had his fists clenched to his sides.

"Is that all?"

Jenna frowned. "What?"

"You said I cheated on you, is that all? Prove it!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

"I saw both of you on our bed! The bed where we sleep and have had so many-" she broke down. "So many beautiful moments together."

His brown eyes softened as he took in his wife, her sweaty face, red eyes and tear stricken cheeks but when he saw her rumpled clothes, he got angry again.