Chapter Six

__••__

Flashback...

"Guess what, Jonathan?" Vera's cheery reached Jenna's ears as she made it into the hallway leading to the few rooms in their home. When she heard Jonathan's response, she moved her head around, in search of where they were.

The moment she found them, in the study, she leaned on the wall, away from their sight. Vera was sitting on the wooden desk of the study while her husband was sipping a glass of water in front of her.

"Remember when you told me that you love instrumental music. That it's your relief? Well, I've started taking classes for one, violin lessons. That way, if you're ever stressed, you know where to find me."

Jenna felt her heart constrict when Jonathan gave her a pat on her cheek, while Vera leaned into his touch. At that, she rolled her eyes and backed away with a thought in her head.

...

Jenna caressed the keys of the grand piano that was situated in a dim lit room in their house, the only light source was from the lamps standing on each corner of the room. The only furniture was the long cushioned bench and the midnight black instrument. She inhaled softly and exhaled hard and pushed a few melodious keys then smiled as she tuned to the tunes of the song that they had danced to on their wedding day.

She began to hum the song softly, her voice coming off nicely until the middle of the song and the ending, while her mind was filled with memories from their wedding day.

Jenna paused, her fingers hovering over the white keyboards of the piano and rubbed her face in exasperation after a deep sigh.

"Wow, I missed hearing you play and was that song for me?" Came Jonathan's question from the entrance of the room.

Jenna rose up quickly and stared at the man who was leaning against the door frame with arms crossed and a smirk on his pink lips. She laced her fingers in front of her laps and looked down at her bare feet as sadness and guilt washed over her. She silently hoped that he was not still vexed with her after what happened.

Jonathan chuckled. "You should know that I'll never be mad at you for too long," he said and approached her. "I had to stay away so I wouldn't hurt you in any way. Your words kinda hurt, you know."

Jenna nodded and raised her head to stare up at the tall man. She slowly unclasped her fingers and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I was just angry and was also worried about the way you left," she whispered and he shrugged with a smile.

"I had to sleep over at Vera's place and I'm telling you this so you wouldn't find out somewhere else and think that I cheated on you or something," Jonathan said in a light tone and placed his hands on her shoulders.

Jenna felt a heavy weight go off her chest at his words. She offered him a genuine smile then wrapped her arms around him in a hug. He was still her husband, she was married to him, he belonged to her and she was happy and would not allow another woman make her feel insecure.

"I am sorry for ever thinking that you cheat on me. I was just insecure about the fact that you and Vera have something so special and we don't. It almost seems like you trust her more and confide in her more," she whispered against his thumping chest. His beating heart soothed her and brought a smile to her face.