Chapter Ten

__••__

Jenna silently drove into her friend's neighborhood while bobbing her head to the jam playing on her radio. She moved side to side to the song, sang along and laughed until she pulled into Gloria's driveway and let out a chuckle before getting off the vehicle. She hummed the song that had been playing and danced as she made her way to the front door of Gloria's home.

Once she got to the door, she banged the door and twirled around, danced backwards then walked back to the door. She got to it and pushed it open and spread her arms out wide dramatically.

"I'm back!" She said in a sing-song voice then walked in with confidence in every of her footsteps. "Oh, Gloria?" She said again in the same voice.

Jenna scanned the living room and kitchen from where she stood with her bottom lip between her teeth until Gloria rushed out of a door and gasped.

"Hello," Jenna said with a frantic wave.

"J-Jenna?" Gloria stuttered and blinked hard, jaw slacked and eyes wide.

"What? You sound like you've seen a ghost. Come give me a hug," Jenna cooed and walked up to her perplexed friend, and wrapped her arms around her in a hug. "I've missed you so much."

Gloria hesitantly pushed Jenna away and backed up, taking in her bruised face and simple getup. The bob-haired woman shook her head and made eye contact with her.

"What happened to you?" Gloria asked and Jenna shrugged then took a seat on one of the couches in the living room. "I was so worried about you."

Jenna frowned. "Just you?"

"Uh, yeah? Why are you asking?" Gloria asked in a different tone then sat down beside her friend who looked like she was on the verge of tearing up.

"Not even my husband?" After she had asked, she heard a sharp intake of breath from her friend.

"I don't know. I've not heard anything from him ever since you disappeared. In fact, the last time I called his office, they told me he was on a business trip in Venice with a few of his staff, I even thought maybe you left with him," Gloria replied and placed her hand on Jenna's back. "I was so worried about you even your mom was. We tried calling you but it was unavailable. For a moment we thought you...killed yourself."

Killing myself? Hm, I used to think of that before and it would not be such a bad idea now, she thought and snorted then smiled at her friend.

Jenna laced her fingers together and inhaled convulsively then shut her eyes tight against the hurt doubling in her heart.

"Who did he go to Venice with?" She asked in a cool tone.

"Uh, you don't need to know, Jenna. Anyway, we are glad you're bac-"

"Who did he go with, damn it?!" Jenna barked in anger and stood up sharply.

Gloria swallowed and looked around the room then at Jenna who was a wreck. Her hair was scattered, her eyes red and blazing in anger then her hands clenched at her sides.

"Please, sit down. You don't have to overreact. Please, have a seat," Gloria pleaded and Jenna hissed.

"Tell me who he went with right this instant!"

"No!"

Jenna inhaled deeply, counting the seconds she was losing her patience and when she glared at Gloria, the other woman simply shook her head stubbornly. She chuckled, frowned after so, then exhaled before rushing over to her, grabbed her chin and squeezed aggressively. The afro haired woman had rage burning in her eyes and teeth gnashed together in equal rage. Gloria could only whimper and struggle.