Chapter Twenty Six

__••__

Gloria kissed her teeth as she came back to reality. She kept her elbows on her thighs, as she was sitting on the ground with legs crossed over the other. She lazily stared at the tombstones, then cracked a smile, and shifted her gaze from the stones to a random spot above them.

"It was so easy to manipulate everything, and I was so proud that I could do such a thing. You might even be wondering if I didn't have sympathy but I didn't. Why would I? When the result of my unhappiness was right in front of me," she narrated and chuckled.

"I'm ready to sit here, and tell you how I ruined your lives," she said drily, and let out a hearty laughter. "Oh, it was such an amazing feeling to see the hurt I felt in your eyes. That feeling of betrayal and heartbreak. Anyways, do you remember when we both walked over to your house after the whole Valentine scandal? Let me tell you a secret..."

Flashback...

With a face masked into a frown, and her foot tapping on the floor of the boisterous dance studio crowded with young dancers in their spandex, and or sweatsuits. Gloria glanced around the area, while she was leaned against the wall, impatience oozing off her being.

"I really don't have all day," she said under her breath, and checked her wristwatch.

"Gloria Burrell?" A soft voice reached her ears, making her drop her hand and raise her head to see who it was. She felt her breath hitch at the young woman standing in front of her.

The woman in a purple spandex from up to down, resembled the person she wanted for her plan. She had the same height, bob hair, facial structure, and body size. She was Vera's doppelganger, it made a smile creep up on Gloria's face.

"And you must be Eva," she said, offering her hand out for a handshake which the woman took firmly. "I'm sure you got my email about wanting to make use of you."

Eva nodded. "Yes, and I'm not still sure what you want me to do."

A few hours later, Gloria and Eva were sitting in her car, parked a few walks away from Jonathan's house. Eva had a curious look on her face, while Gloria had a sly smile on hers as they stared at the house in front of them.

"Why are you doing this? I'm sure he's happy in his marriage for you to plan such a dub-"

"Know your place, Eva. I won't hesitate to make sure that your sister dies in the hospital if you do not do this for me. You want to save your sister, right? You need this money, right? Now, you will follow what I asked you to do. And if it fails, I'll make sure that your sister doesn't get her treatment,", Gloria said in a deep tone, and Eva gulped down the bile in her throat at the heat in the brown skinned woman's eyes.

"P-please, I'll do it. Just don't hurt my sister," Eva pleaded with a nod of her head.

"Good."

...

"I hired someone who looked just like Vera, I made sure that Jonathan was sedated through his drink, and by the time we got there, the girl had stripped him naked and laid beside him to make it look like he was cheating on you."

Gloria fell silent for a moment, and after a few short seconds, she began to frown deeply and clenched the blades of grasses underneath her with her fingers.

"And the worst if all, Jonathan really loved you so much that he couldn't cheat on you with that girl! Why didn't he just cheat and your marriage would've been over. I would have gotten back together with him. I loved him and you took him away from me!" She yelled and broke down, covering her ears and crying hard. "You made me like this, I didn't want this but you made me do this."