3 My Lola

Bastian

She's fucking gorgeous. I hate that I am so attracted to her, but even mated guys look twice at her. Hell, even straight girls do double-takes if they have never seen my Lola before. My Lola. The problem is she isn't mine, is she? Fuck, she is everyone's. Jacob, Samuel, Brett, Damon, Trev. Hell, probably several guys that I don't know about.

She seduced me for the first time when I was sixteen and she was fifteen. Yeah, she seduced me. I thought, for about a week, that I loved her, until Jacob came to me with the biggest grin stretching across his face. She had seduced him, too. I was angry, but it didn't stop me from sleeping with her again and again, despite that fact that she had other guys.

I worry for her, truth be told. She is such a little slut, but she has a good heart. A 'tart with a heart' as Mackenzie called her once. I think Mac was trying to defend Lola, but that wasn't the best way. My Lola, what will happen to her when she finds a mate? No one wants the pack slut for a mate. She will be rejected for sure. I almost hope that I don't find my mate until after Lola gets rejected. Then I can help her through it.

A mate. I sigh, feeling my wolf stir at the thought. He is waiting, I am waiting. I'll be eighteen in two weeks, maybe then?

I sink down at my customary place in the cafe and greet the guys with grunts. We are joined by Cassie and Becca. As usual, Mackenzie is nowhere to be found, probably in the library. She is a little bit of a nerd, but a good girl.

Lola is missing, too. I feel a scowl cross my face. My wolf is agitated. She had better not be with someone else, especially after I told her to wait for me tonight. It had been on the tip of my tongue to tell her to stop screwing other guys, but I don't want her to get the wrong impression. Lola is the pack slut and I damn well do not want her getting ideas of being Luna.

I need my Luna. I have no idea how Ryker deals with being twenty-four with no mate. Some wolves are lucky and find their mates young. They meet and bam, there's that connection. Not every wolf has that instant connection, though. Sometimes it creeps up on you and hits you when you least expect it. Sometimes you may know a girl for years without that spark and then it hits all of the sudden after you shift. No one is sure when it will happen, but twenty-four is older than usual, that's for sure.

I have not had a tingle at all. Nothing, for any girl except Lola. She is the exception, but I feel that way because she is my first... and only lover. I flirt with other girls, but my dad told me to stick with Lola. She is already impure, he said. Other girls might end up being some other pack's Luna, or Beta female. It is risky for an alpha to sleep around. It's no hardship to be with Lola, anyway. She's so generous with me, always trying to please me. I have no complaints.

I hear a stir behind me. A hush of the customary noise in the cafe, followed by whispers and giggles. Ryker Holden, that smug asshole, must be here.

"Alphason," he greets me as he strolls past my table.

I lean back and give him a feral grin, "Alpha Holden."

"Where is Miss Greer?" The bastard smirks as he asks this, his dark eyes challenging mine.

I refuse to react, keeping myself in a casual pose. I push my wolf down as the fur along the ridge of his spine raises up. I doubt I fool this alpha, though. "Not that it's your business, Alpha, but she is tucked away studying."

Jacob snickers. "Yeah. I'm sure she's in the library with my little sister," he adds sarcastically.

I thought that Holden looked at me with distaste, it's nothing compared to the cold stare he levels at Jacob. My beta can't hold the wolf's gaze. Jacob's eyes fall to the table as his ears tinge pink from embarrassment.