8 Unredeemable

Ryker

Today is the day. An auspicious thing to say, I know, but I am determined to tell my sweet, little mate that she is mine and I am hers.

I've been thinking about this all week. She's so young. It may be unfair to her to let her know that we are meant to be together, especially because she is a little too young to sense her mate, but my wolf is becoming crazed from not having her by our side.

She is more than our mate. She is our pack's Luna. A gift to all of RueClaw from the goddess.

She is also late to school. I watch her scurry from the car of a male who is not one of her brothers with a sense of boiling jealousy. He drives off to park and my mate, mine, runs into the front doors only moments before the first warning bell rings. She should be on time. Did that pup make her late?

This is why I should just bring her home. I will make sure she is always on time for school. The desire to take care of our mate is pressing on both of us. My wolf is on the cusp of just stealing her away.

The second bell rings and reluctantly I begin class. She is not taking my class this year, so I will go to that pathetic asshole, Roland, after school to speak with him and his Beta, Mackenzie's father, about my claim on my mate.

There shouldn't be a problem. I am an alpha, and despite Mackenzie's age, she is my fated truemate.

---

Roland is at his office in Harbortown when I finally make my way out of school. I have my pack watching him closely. There is something about that wolf that has always grated on my nerves. He's untrustworthy. I am intimately familiar with alpha's like him. Arrogant fucks who never had to earn their place. Hereditary alphas.

Nothing like me.

Born to an outcast she-wolf, mom kept us alive by living mostly in the forests on paws. I shifted young, and it was only when I was fourteen that I discovered the truth. My daddy was an alpha who raped my mother, then kicked her out when she became pregnant with me. He already had his heir, my older brother who unfortunately died when he was only eighteen. Mom died when I was twelve. When I was seventeen, I killed my father and left his pack to rot without a proper leader. I still don't regret leaving those wolves to eat themselves. No one helped my innocent mother or the pup she carried.

Roland reminds me of my father.

"Alpha Holden," he greets me with a false, smarmy smile on his face.

"Alpha Louvel," I grimace at him in return.

We don't shake hands. I can't offer him that sign of friendship. If I touch him I might rip his throat out.

"What brings you here, Alpha?" he doesn't sit until I do.

"Where is your Beta?" I ask.

"Busy," his eyes narrow on me.

I growl lowly. I had requested his Beta be here so that I could tell Mackenzie's father that I am taking her. It's just like Roland to ignore a perfectly reasonable request from another alpha. Maybe he thinks that I am here to officially Challenge him and want his Beta here to act as a witness.

Fucking coward.

"I am Mackenzie Larsen's mate. I will be informing her soon and taking her with me to RueClaw." I keep my voice bland, matter-of-fact. I don't want to leave room for arguments.

Roland's face goes white before infusing with angry color. It's an interesting reaction, but not particularly surprising. With my truemate by my side I will gain more power from a stable, contented wolf.