3. Did Someone Say, Captain?

Have you ever been kidnapped, rescued, only to realize that you're being kidnapped again all in the same week? No? I didn't think so.

I bet I was the only girl in the world to have that happen to them in just a week. That had to be some kind of world record.

The man carried me on board his ship while I squirmed in his arms, trying everything I could to make him put me the hell down. And you know what? The man would not budge!

"Put me down, you sad excuse of a man! You conniving pirate! You two-timing-"

"If you're going to insult me, insult me on the men I have to live with, not my manhood. God knows I have to keep that," the man sighed beneath me.

It was ridiculous! Absolutely horrible!

"Screw your manhood, but more importantly, screw you!" I shot back, kicking him hard in the stomach.

I felt him chuckle, ignoring my attempts to be violent. "Is the prisoner throwing herself at me? Darling, we just met! At least let me take you out!"

"Take me back home!"

I regretted saying that the second it left my lips, but if I was going to escape that madness, I would take going back home any day.

Even though that was the last place I wanted to be.

"Why? Aren't I fun? And didn't ye say I was kind and oh so mysterious? Well, then mystery, it will be darling," he said with another light chuckle.

I was going to say something else, something unladylike if you must know, but I was interrupted by another man.

"Cap'n?" he said, sounding confused, but I didn't hear the confusion in his tone, I only heard that one word.

"Captain! Yes! Where is he?" I said. "Tell me where he is this instant! I demand to know!"

"Cap'n?" The same man said again.

"Yes, him! Where is he!"

Underneath me, the man chuckled.

"So, you want to see the captain, eh?" He said.

Was I not clear? Was I talking to myself? I just had to be.

"No, I want to see a dolphin playing poker. Of course, I want to see the captain! I have one or two bloody things to say to that man! Now be a darling, darling, and take me to him this instant!"

The man chuckled. "Sorry, but." He spun around, so I faced his friends of ruffians that look like they hadn't bathed in months. And he thought I smelled?

"We are going to play a little game."

"I don't want to play a bloody game, I want to see the captain!"

"The game is simple," he said, ignoring me. "Guess which of these men on this ship is the captain."

A game? Now? Was he crazy?

Yes.

"How many bloody times do I have to tell you? I don't want to play your ridiculous game!"

The man sighed. "God, you are stubborn. Come on, it'll be fun. Ever heard of that term? It's what you do to feel happy. Don't you want to be happy, darling?"

"I'd be happy if you put me down," I suggested. It couldn't hurt.

"Look around. Who do you think the fierce, fantastic captain of this ship is? Hmm?" He said, ignoring me once again.

Giving up, I sighed and looked around, feeling pathetic for giving in. But as far as I could see, every man in sight looked dumbfounded with the situation.