Halloween Special

A/N: This is the Halloween Special you have to read for the contest. In order to get a chance to win a review, reply to "Which character has turned into what?" and write your answer in a comment here. More details on the event in my Do You Want To Win A Review.

Chapter dedicated to @sumiXoyasumi

*****

Nathaniel's POV

The figure flew by my window with a jolly cackle. I darted downstairs and then into the yard, the cold, misty air making me wrap my arms around my torso. I looked up and I saw her above our house; she was circling our rooftop.

"Vallery Reed, get off that broom this instance!" I shouted at my sister. "You don't have a license to drive that."

She quickly descended, stopping right in front of me and hovered a few feet from the ground, our eyes at the same level.

"I could see so much better from above, bro," she complained. "And we don't need a license; we know how to ride these things," she reassured, patting the polished handle of her vehicle.

"We?"

She extended her hand, pointing behind me and when I turned, I came face to face with another robed person. Lyn's Mohawk haircut was hidden under a black pointy hat, identical to that of Val with a few multi-colored locks falling to the sides of her face. Like my twin sister, she had mounted a broom and levitated a few feet above the sidewalk.

"We," the newcomer repeated with a cackle then her nose wrinkled. "Do you two smell sulfur?"

I inhaled deeply and swiftly put a hand over my nose to prevent more of the vile stench entering through the nostrils.

"Maybe Great Aunt Sarah is around. She's pretty much Satan embodied," Val suggested.

"I'm really curious to meet her," I voice to my side commented and as I turned my head towards it, I saw Hunter jumping over the low wooden fence which separated our yards.

"Are you alright?" I asked when he got near me. "You look paler than usual."

"Are you proposing to nurse me back to health, Natty? I'd love to see you in a doctor's uniform," he teased, his crooked smile revealing two rather long canine teeth.

"Come on, Val," Lyn steer her broom towards the street. "Let's leave these lovebirds; the water in the cauldron should be warm enough by now anyways," she added before I'd had a chance to protest over the assumption she'd made about Hunt and me.  She took off, raising high in the air with my twin close by.

"Don't fly standing on your broomstick; you'll fall," I shouted after them. "Sit down, Vallery! And don't fly so fast; you'll get a speeding ticket."

Even if my sister had heard me, she did not comply to my request and was soon out of sight.

"Why is it that I always have to run after her?" I asked as I progressed down the street.

"Because you are a worrywart," Hunter replied whilst walking beside me, his footsteps soundless.

"I have a good reason for that," I justified. "She always does something rash or pointless. She gets into fights, she drinks, she takes cars for joyrides and she doesn't even have a license," I began enlisting her most common faults. "She has taken rides from complete strangers, she..."

"Stole a turtle?" He helpfully supplied.

"That too," I agreed.

"You know, since we were there and we didn't prevent that, we are her accomplices."