Chapter 35

A/N: YOU CAN HELP ME CREATE THE PLOT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. How? You’ll find out in the A/N at the end but for now, read this chapter ;)

*****

Hunter’s POV

This was one of the rare occasions on which I didn’t know what to do.

Nathaniel had fallen asleep in my bed and I was at a lost about whether I should wake him up or wait for him to do that on his own. I knew I didn’t want to wake him up; not yet at least.

I liked having him in my bed. He was adorable, cuddling up in a ball with that silly puppy-embroidered blanket Aunt Betty got me because she thought it would be funny to see my reaction at her gift. I’d told her that I loved the colors and that I’d cherish it for the rest of my life. My reply had made her snort; she may have not been able to embarrass or annoy me – in good humor, of course – but I still managed to amuse her.

The boy beside me let out a quiet snore, turned to his side and closed his mouth, gulping before his lips parted again. They were slightly chapped, but that did not stop me to imagine kissing them, licking them, sucking… Was he ready for that?

He had broken up with his girlfriend but I was pretty sure the answer was no.

Not yet, I thought turning towards him and leaning on my elbow. Not yet, but I was getting tired of waiting. I wondered whether I should touch him; caress his cheek perhaps? My hand twitched but I concluded it would be better not to. If Nathaniel woke up with my hand on his face, he would freak out. He would run home and then he’d go back to avoiding me again. Besides, touching him in his sleep would be creepy. We weren’t together after all; we weren’t an item, we didn’t even hook up…

I should wake him up.

He would feel somewhat awkward at first, but maybe I could convince him to watch the rest of the movie with me.

I looked at the monitor which I’d placed on the chair; the movie had ended and the screen had gone black. So much for that excuse!

My eyes returned to the sleeping boy. No sound was coming from him but I could feel the gush of his breath on my arm. He was probably just taking a nap, right?

He couldn’t sleep all through the night. Maybe I should just let him rest for a while and if he’s not up in an hour, I’d wake him. Yes, that seemed like a reasonable plan. If he’s not up soon, I’d wake him. I’d better give him some space though; the last thing I wanted was for him to freak out on me again.

*****

Nathaniel’s POV

I sat up, startled.

This was not my room. I’d woken up in someone else’s room... My eyes darted around until they fell on the familiar blond figure. He had placed the monitor back atop of the old desk and sat on the chair, his gaze on the glowing screen.

“I fell asleep.” It wasn’t a question but nevertheless Hunter moved sideways in the chair to look at me and replied:

“Yes.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked, pushing the blanked off me and sitting on the bed, my feet touching the floor. I rubbed my eyes with my hand, suppressing a yawn. “Well?” I pushed when he gave me no answer. He replied first with a shrug, then added: