29. The Ugly Side of the Family.

I was officially Logan's girlfriend.

Once, I don't remember when exactly since it has been quite a long time now, my mom talked about something called butterflies in the stomach.

I thought she was crazy.

Now that I think back to that day, she wasn't so crazy after all. Things that were buzzing, and flattering in my stomach couldn't have been anything but the butterfly's mom told me about, and it was absolutely amazing.

The drive back to school was a completely different story from the drive to the ice-cream shop. This time, I was at peace. This time, Logan took my hand on his as he drove. The more than occasional looks and smiles we threw each other, promised a lot to come, and I was looking forward to it.

"So, um... I guess we will see each other tomorrow then?" I asked after he'd parked his car and walked me to mine hand in hand.

"Is that what you want?"

Was he kidding?

"To see you tomorrow?" I asked, a little confused. "Of course, I wanna see you tomorrow."

He must have seen my confused state because he smirked before he took a step closer, and another one until he was a few inches away from me.

"I wanna kiss you so bad." His eyes lowered to my lips.

I stopped breathing. Literally. Even if it was just for a few seconds. I wanted that. Just as much as he did, but there? On the parking lot? I let my eyes grazed across the parking and of course, we weren't alone.

"I know what you are thinking," he said. "C'mon, we are dating now. These things happen all the time."

Apparently, the fact that we declared that we were dating less than an hour ago, basically away from everybody else, meant that we could show affection and go all kissy-kissy right in the middle of the parking lot.

Yeah, no.

The moment he took a step, closing the distance between us, I bolted, right inside my car. I flung my car door open and threw myself inside like a speedy Gonzales.

I want to clarify something here. I did not throw myself in the car to get away from him. No way in hell. God knows I wanted to kiss him back. I threw myself like that to escape the prying eyes of the kids who were still roaming the parking lot. I was not ready to face another episode of rumors. Dating or not.

Logan blinked, then took a step backward and bent down so he could see me inside the car. He stood there like that staring at me. I stared right back at him.

"Err..." He furrowed his eyebrows.

I scraped up the rest of my flushed face and produced an apologetic smile before I waved my hands like a maniac gesturing around the parking lot.

"People were watching."

He closed his eyes for a moment and shook his head like he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Move over," he said.

He sat down on the driver seat after I moved to the passenger seat. For a long moment, he just stared at the parking lot through the windshield. I continued to look at him.

"What are you doing later today?" He finally turned his head around to look at me.

I was sure I would be spending the rest of my evening mooning over the fact that I had a boyfriend, and it's was him. But I didn't tell him that. Instead, I pretended to think.

"Um, I just need to finish an assignment I have, and I wanted to make dinner for my mom and..."

His lips were on mine. I don't know when he'd wiggled himself closer to the middle compartment. I didn't care. All I knew was he was here, now, kissing me long and hard, passionately and hungry.