51. Game change Part 2

Not for the faint of heart. Mature content ahead.

Let's go.

*****

"I love you."

Her words rung and bounced in my eardrums almost in a shocking wave, so strong they nearly pushed me to take a step back.

I blinked. My hand still encased in both of hers,  her eyes still watching me deeply like she was trying to see the effects of her words. And I'll tell you now, her words had gotten exactly the effect they deserved. I didn't know what to say. Nothing that made sense came to the front of my mind. She loved me? Even after everything? I knew she had dug her pretty little hands so deep inside me to the point of making me act crazy and shit, but I wasn't sure whether what I felt was love.

I never loved anybody before.

I never told anybody I loved them and her telling it to me, puzzled me.

Don't get me wrong, I never want to see her with anybody else. She was mine, she belonged to me, but love? Those were heavy words. I never even thought about those words. Not ever.

"Wh.. Yo... You do?"

She slowly bobbed her head yes. Not for a second did she waver in her response. Her words weren't some 'I've done something wrong, please forgive me and then throw in some big L word just so she could get her way.' Her words were real, I could see it in her eyes. The eyes that still watched me like a hawk. When I dumbly stood there looking back at her with nothing to say, her hands squeezed mine a little before she ran her thumbs across the back of my palm. "I just wanted you to know," she said. "You don't have to tell me back."

Thank God.

I was sure as hell not ready to tell her that. She was important to me. More so than anybody, but the bomb she dropped was just too big. But then again, the thing is, even though I couldn't say it, I didn't want to let her feel like her feelings didn't mean anything to me. They did. In fact, I still couldn't believe it. She loved me. I liked that she told me that. That, most certainly changed a few things. If she loved me, that Ethan fucker didn't have a chance.

Just like that, the anger, the despair, everything seemed to have been forgotten and forgiven. I couldn't even remember why we were fighting in the first place. Amelia loved me, was all I could see. Slowly, I let a small, genuine smile grace my lips while with my other hand, I reached out and grabbed her by her waist. She gracefully melted into me from my touch like a liquid.

Hot.

That was invitation enough. I picked her up and planted her against my waist. With both her legs tightly secured around me, I raised my arm and pushed her long thick hair away from her cheek and behind her ear. She fluttered her eyes closed and arched her neck following my hand movement.

Goddammit.

I could feel myself getting hard.

And when she opened her eyes again, I nearly lost it from how they looked. A lot deeper. A lot more beautiful and listless as fuck. Like she was tipsy. Most importantly, I could see the want.

I liked the sight quite a lot.

She dropped her eyes on my lips then back to my eyes before she opened her mouth and commanded me.

"Kiss me."

I wasn't one to oppose to that kind of command. I was happy to obey.

"Yes, ma'am."

I kissed her.

Hard.

Passionately.

I couldn't tell her I loved her, but I wanted to show her I was hers just as she was mine.