🍀CHAPTER TWO

The Hindi dialogues will be in italic. I am sorry but writing dramatic dialogues in Hindi is so much fun. I will try my best to interpret the dialogue in English same to same as Hindi.

Since childhood, Advika used to watch her mother ill-treated by her father. She was the kindest and the most selfless soul she has ever known. Her mother belongs to a very prestigious but conservative family. She was the eldest daughter. But she never got treatment like the eldest child of the family. She never attended school not because her family can't afford it, simply she was a girl who was going to wed one day.

She loved her mother very much but never wished the same life as her mother's. She wanted to complete her mother's dream, become self-sufficient. Yet here she was married at 23, mother of a three-year-old child. The child she never met, heck!!! she doesn't even know if its girl or boy. She doesn't have any problem with the child just, she doesn't have the slightest idea " how to behave like a mother".

Her chains of thoughts were halted by the sound of the knock on the door. She wipes out her tears with back of her palm and opens the door. Her mother-in-law, Saroj was standing outside the door. She was startled by the cold gaze of the Badi Thakurain, from that movement she knew, this woman disliked her. "Great!!!" She thought.

" Maa ji (mother)???" She asked politely. She was confused about the sudden arrival of her mother-in-law and also her hostile behavior.

"You don't even know how to greet your elders. Don't you have any manners? Ab room ke bahar hi sari rat khada karwaegi kya??? Kuch ata bhi hai tujhe. Maine phle hi kaha tha sbko, is gawanr se shadi mat karwao. Pta nahi kab??? kaha??? bezzati kra de ham sbki. Mere pote ko kya palegi, kya sikhaegi???" (Do I need your approval to enter my son's room. I warned everyone, you will be an embarrassment to our family. I will never accept an illiterate, as my daughter-in-law. How will you raise my grandson???)" Saroj said scowling and looked her from top to bottom with much distaste.

This insult was like salt on her already miserable situation. But Advika remembers her manners and was damn tired with all wedding functions and wanted to end this quickly. But Saroj has another plan.

" Kuch bolegi, ki gawanr k sath sath gungi bhi hai??? Pta nahi mera beta kaha hai??? Pta nahi tune kya kiya, abhi tak ghar nahi aya hai. Teri maa ne kuch sikhaya bhi hai tujhe??? Are mai to bhul gyi teri maa... (I asked you something??? Are you mute??? Because of you, my son has not returned. Are you stupid, don't your mother has taught you anything??? Oh, I forgot your mother... "

That was the last stroke and...

" Enough Maa Ji!!! You..." Advika shouted, and was going to say something. But cut off by the third intruder.

" What is going on ???

While writing the dialogue of mother- in law, I was thinking of the movie monster-in law 😜😜😜. They never exactly fight verbally but still...

The characters : -

Advika Thakur: - The female lead

Saroj Singh Thakur: - Mother-in-law of Advika