🍁CHAPTER SIX

It was late night and yet Dhruv has not returned home. Dhriti was waiting for him, she wanted to thank him for the morning and still little of her was anxious as her husband was not at home in the middle of the night. After waiting in the balcony for some time she stepped into his room. She tried to sleep but her mind was somewhere else.

She was engrossed in recalling everything which was happening, from her rista to getting married when the door open with a loud thud. There her husband was with bloodshot red eyes and disheveled condition. He has busted lip and few scratches in his face, then her eyes traveled to his busted fist. Gasping she runs towards her husband.

"Are you ok? Come I will treat it or else it can be infected." She softly said taking his arm in her hand which has injured fist.

"No!!! I am not ok. You are the reason for all this. I regret marrying you. Jab se meri life me ayi ho kuch acha nahi hai. Don't touch me.

( No!!! I am not ok. You are the reason for all this. I regret marrying you. Nothing good has happened since you have come to my life. Don't touch me.)" He shouted snatching his arm from her like her touch burn him. Dhriti was hurt.

"Ho gya apka ki or kuch bolna h apko. Bol lijiye puri rat hai humare pas but pahle apke chhot ko treat kr le?

( Are you done? or you still have to say something. We have the whole night, you can tell me but first let me treat your wound.)" Dhriti said arching her one eyebrow. This was not the reaction he was expecting, he was shocked and it didn't go unnoticed Dhriti. He was staring at her like she has grown two heads.

"I-I told you...-" Dhruv stammered.

"Humne phli bar me hi sun liya tha what you wanted to tell me now come sit here, I will bring first aid kit, ( I heard it in the first time what you wanted to tell me now come sit here, I will bring first aid kit)" Dhriti replied well more precisely ordered him.

Releasing a sigh he sits on the bed lowering his head. Dhriti comes back with first aid kit and grinning to herself she dabbed cotton with antiseptic and placed it in the wound of Dhruv without giving him any warning.

"Ahh! Crazy woman, you want to kill me." Dhruv winced.

"Shh, stop winning like a baby. Or else I will wake up all family members." Dhriti threatened him with an I-am-not-joking-try-me-look. Sulking to himself, Dhruv forwards his fist towards Dhriti to treat it. Smiling inwardly to herself Dhriti dabbed the cotton in his fist he winced at the contact of antiseptic to his wound and seeing his pained expression did something to her soft innocent heart. With dabbing, she gently blows to his wound to lessen his pain. Dhruv was awestruck the way she was gently applying medicine and softy blowing his wound. He was so engrossed in ogling his wife that he didn't realize when she wrapped a bandage on his fist.

"Dekha dard hua kya? Bewjah bachho ki tarah ro rahe the. (see? Does it pain? Without any reason you were crying like a baby) " Dhriti teased him with a small smile.

"Nonsense I-I was not ahh ahh. Are you crazy!!!" Dhruv shouted when Dhriti pinched his already scratched wound on his face.

"Are you crazy? Ahh ahh, you crazy woman." Dhriti mimicked him and seeing his face bust into a fit of laughter.

Dhruv was embarrassed. But it was the first time to see Dhriti laughing and it was beautiful, yeah she was beautiful. Realizing where his thoughts were going he cleared his throat to gain her attention.

"U-Uhm thank you and don't tell anyone about this." He said looking everywhere except to Dhriti. Dhriti was amused to see the softy-embarrassed-cutie look of her husband and she was really enjoying it. When Dhruv didn't get any response from his wife he faced her. Dhriti was looking at him with a small smile playing on her beautiful-attractive-pinkest-pink lips. Rolling his eyes he sighed.

"I-I just don't want anyone to be worried especially dadi, please." He was shocked by himself that he requested. Dhriti was stunned and frozen to her place then trying her best to blush she replied.

"Y-Yeah I-I also don't want to worry dadi so relax I will not tell anyone. A-And also thank you for defending me in morning I-I mean Yeah thank you." Dhriti cursed herself, she was behaving like a teenager in front of his already wedded husband.

"Nobody has the right to insult any person just because they are not perfect. Nobody is perfect. Just because they are a little better in something as compare to anyone that does not mean they have the right to insult them." Dhruv was blabbering than clearing his throat he calms himself.

"And also I-I had to show dadi that I am happy with this marriage. I still don't want this marriage but that doesn't mean tumhe koi bhi kuch bhi galat bol kar chalr jae or mai kuch na kahu. Jo galat hai vo galat or chahe vo galati karne wala / wali meri chachi hi kyu na ho. Mai bus ye sadi nahi chahata lekin iska mtlb ye nahi ki mai tumahari kamiyo ke karan tumhari bezzati karu. Mujhme bhi bhut si kamiya hai lekin yahi chize hi to hume insan bnati hai.

(And also I-I had to show dadi that I am happy with this marriage. I still don't want this marriage but that doesn't mean I will not say anything If anyone says anything wrong to you. What is wrong is wrong and even if that is my aunt who is wrong. I just do not want this marriage but it does not mean that I will insult you because of your flaws. I too have many flaws, but this is what makes us human beings.)" And first time after their marriage he passes small but genuine smile to Dhriti.

"It's too late, you should get some sleep, I will take care of my face," Dhruv said and without saying anything moved well run towards their bathroom.

He still doesn't want her as his wife but still that night Dhriti sleeps with a smile on her face.