🍁CHAPTER TEN

"It's ok doctor. Well, I am glad it is you well you know a lady gynecologist and all. And Liam is our friend's brother so it would have been a little awkward for us, especially for me."

"I am sorry.... Liam?" Dhriti said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, Liam. Oh sorry, Dr. Robert... and I forget to introduce ourselves. I am Olivia...."

Dhriti halts in her place after listening to her name.

"Hello, this is Olivia, your soon to be husband's girlfriend. I am warning you.... say no to this marriage or else you will not like the consequences"

"............and he is Dhruv. This pregnancy is making me cra- well we are not sure if I am pregnant but call it mother's institution and I have done the tests and all were positive and also all symptoms-"

"Enough of your blabbering Lia, just make it hurry. I don't have all day...-"

"Ignore him, doctor, my boyfriend is a little bit upset as you know it was not planned and...-" Olivia said rolling her eyes.

"BOYFRIEND!!!" It was like someone has punched on her gut.

"Lia" Dhruv cut her off.

"It's ok Humari zindagi me humesa sari chize jaisa plan kiya ho waise nahi chlati (In our life, things do not always go as we have planned.)" Dhriti said sadly.

"Wow you are also Indian, this k...khad...khadhoos (Arrogant man) is also Indian, Sorry for my accent. They always make fun of me." Olivia said in one breath.

"I will need your sample," Dhriti said faking a smile.

.........................................

"Congratulations mam you are six weeks pregnant," Dhriti said professionally. But there was a cyclone of emotions fighting their way out.

SIX WEEK!!!

He was married!!!

Her husband was going to have a baby with his girlfriend.

"Congratulations sir you are going to be a father," Dhriti said without giving them an ounce of her emotions.

"Oh my god, I am so happy," Olivia said giggling, wrapping her skinny pale hand around Dhruv's arm.

"You will get your scheduled appointments at the front desk," Dhriti said controlling her tears.

Dhruv was the last one to leave her cabin, he turned around and said.

"Listen she is don't know..."

"Mr. Shekhawat I never asked what she knows or.... I think you should leave!!! I am sure your girlfriend needs you there."

"Will you jus...-"

"Please leave, mujhe or bhi bahut se kam hai." (Please leave I have other things which need my attention) Dhriti snapped at him.

She flinched at the loud thud of closing of the door.

Dhriti was immersed in her own thoughts when Shruti barged in.

"Yaar I think bhookh mere sir me chad gya hai, you know what mujhe hall me abhi Dhruv dikhayi de raha tha (I think I am very hungry that it is messing with my brain because you know what??? I just saw Dhruv across the hall)" Shruti said giggling.

"Acha chal I am very hungry nahi to khana nahi bachega." (Ok let's go I am very hungry or else there will be no food left in the canteen.)" Shruti said dragging Dhriti from her chair.