🍁CHAPTER EIGHT

"Uski koi jarurat nahi hai. ( That will be not required.)" Dhruv announced.

"Par beta...-"

"Dhriti room me zara ana apse hume bat karni hai? ( Dhriti I need to talk to you, come to room)" Without even acknowledging is aunt he moved towards their room.

"Aab is khadus ko kya kam aa gya? Kuch ulta sidha bolega to sidha sir fod dungi uska. Na Dhriti usse tujhe symposium ke bare me bhi bat karni hai. Keep calm, don't lose your composure. Yes smile, yep sahi ja rahi hai. Good. ( Now what does this arrogant man want. If he will again insult me, I will realy break his head this time. No!! Dhriti you also have to talk about that symposium. Keep calm, don't lose your composure. Yes smile, yep fantastic. Good.)" Murmuring to herself she enters their room

When he turned around after listening to the sound of her churris, She was standing there with the most creepy smile, scaring the hell out of him.

"A-Are you alright?" He asked unsurely.

"Jee hume kya hua hai? App btaiye kyu bulaya mujhe. ( No I am fine, why did you call me?)" She said sweetly, very sweetly for his liking.

"Yeah about moving back to New york...-"

"Jee I will need sometime to resign..-" She cut him off.

"Bich me mat toko mat meri bat pahale suno,( Don't interrupt me in the middle, first listen to me. I don't fucking care about your fucking job. I don't even know what type of job you do? But that is not important here. You will be not coming with us as there is still some paperwork left for your visa.)" He hissed. She didn't miss his smirking as saying her visa has some problems. She knew he was behind all this.

"Y-You I can bet it was your doing. You did something with my visa." She said accusing pointing her forefinger towards him.

"Well, you are not that stupid. Let me tell you one secret I never submitted your application for your visa." He said her mockingly.

Everybody was present at the dining hall, there was an awkward silence.

Clearing his throat Dadi asked softly " Dhriti beta did you completed all formalities here?"

"Dadi I-I...-"

"Kya mai tu kar rahi hai? Nahi maa ji madam ne job se resign nahi kiya hai. Pta nahi kya naukari karti hai. Bol to aise rahi hai jaise jan chali jaegi naukari chhod di to. Aise...-. ( Why are stammering answer them? No, the madam has not resigned from her job. We didn't even not what type of job she do. She is behaving like she will die if she will resign from her job)" Chachi said mockingly.

"Humne aapki ray mangi thi? ( Did I asked you for your suggestions?" Dadi said arching her one eyebrow. Challenging her chhoti bahu to say something against her.

"Beta humse kya kuch chhupana btaiye kya bat hai? ( Daughter you can tell me)" Dadi said giving her encouraging smile.

"I told her to not resign from her work. Dadi I am sorry, I should have asked you. but there was some misunderstanding with her visa application and she can't come with us. So, jab tak inka visa nahi mil jata thode din hi sahi karne dijiye inhe naukari. (Until she will git her vias, let her do her job for few days)" Dhruv said acting like supporting pati (Husband), who will do anything to support her biwi.

Dhriti rolled her eye at his Oscar-winning acting.

"But beta akele kaise...- (But son how will she...-)" Her mother-in-law said.

"Hum ruk jayenge ( I will stay with her)" Dadi said with finality in her tone.

"Dadi, I know it's sudden but I have to leave next Saturday, It's very important," Dhruv said clearing his throat.

"But beta that's the day after tomorrow." Dadi said.