Probing Questions

Hi! Thank you so much for clicking and giving this story a chance. This is my first ever Wattpad book, and I just wanted to say, please keep negative comments to yourself, and I hope you like my first chapter! :D

**Edit: This story has undergone a few changes from the first published draft- but keep in mind that it was still written a while ago, and just for fun. Enjoy!

"Hurry up, Anemone! The car is leaving!" called Turtle as he settled into the cushioned back seat. It was the first day of school for him and his sister, who was one year younger. Turtle had been anxiously thinking of this day all year-school had always been a little scary for him, because you never knew who you would meet, or when the gym teacher would make you do push-ups. But this year would be extra terrifying for one particular reason-a reason that was currently running towards him in platform heels, designer clothing, and rare pearls: Anemone.

His sister had always loved attention. For her, being the daughter of a best selling author meant the whole world revolved around her and only her, and if for a second her gravitational pull on everything around her weakened, that meant it was time for some more drama. And this year, they would both be at the same high school.

"Ugh I DEFINITELY did not have enough time to get ready!" Complained Anemone as she plopped down on the seat next to him.

Turtle's younger sister had on a sky blue top and a pleated skirt that was sure to get dress-coded, along with a string of pink pearls around her neck that were the same color as her hair. She pulled out her phone which was bedazzled with far too many rhinestones. Turtle looked down at his own plain clothing: a grey hoodie, jeans, sneakers, and an emerald green beanie on his head. His only ornament was a bracelet with some sort of gemstone in it that he had found at the beach. His family had told him it was probably a piece of glass or plastic, but Turtle refused to believe them.

"Sooooo," began Anemone "Do you think this is the year you finally stop being a chicken and ask Kinkajou out?" Turtle blushed, feeling like he just got reminded there was a quiz he forgot to study for. "Hmmmm probably not. You're too busy hiding in your shell to have a love life!" She added playfully.

Turtle looked down. He didn't want to admit it, but Anemone was right. I won't get anything if I keep acting like I don't exist  he thought to himself I need to be more confident.

but...not quite now

"Do YOU like anyone? " He asked his sister, changing the subject

Anemone was caught by surprise. "I-I DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER THAT!" she declared

Turtle chuckled, and was about to make a remark about how she clearly DID have a crush, but just then, the car stopped, and the chauffeur turned around to tell them they had arrived at Pyrrhia high school.

Thank you for reading, and I'll try to have chapter 2 out by tomorrow!