Snow Day Chaos

OMG GUYS I'M SO SORRY IT'S BEEN TWO WHOLE WEEKS! I cannot believe it took me so long to write a new chapter, it was probably all the stuff with politics and I also just didn't have time. Anyways, yesterday this book reached 20,000 reads! And I know I say this every time my book hits a new milestone, but I am so grateful for all of you, and your appreciation means the world to me. Okay, you're all really here for the chapter, so enjoy a snow day!

Qibli sat in the breakfast nook, quietly sipping on his hot chocolate while watching the snow fall delicately onto the lawn. Snow days always filled him with this sleepy feeling, like he could just waste the entire day covered in cozy blankets watching Netflix and not even notice how much time had passed- which he didn't necessarily want to happen. Yesterday after school a blizzard hit Pyrrhia, which was unusual but also meant that Anemone had to begrudgingly cancel her big party, which was a bit of a relief, because it stopped Kinkajou from moping around about not getting invited, along with all the other people that didn't meet Anemone's social standards.

He checked the group chat on his phone to see if any more of his friends had replied; the only way that Qibli wouldn't end up wasting the entire day was if his friends were there to distract him- plus, snow days were perfect for doing fun and impulsive things as a group- like that time when he and Kinkajou came up with the idea to climb a really tall tree in 3rd grade and jump off to see if the snow was really as deep as it looked. Okay, that was probably not a great example because they both ended up with broken bones, Thorn was furious, and the I-told-you-so look on Winter's face was unbearable afterwards, but whatever.

The doorbell rang suddenly and he leaped off of his seat, swinging it open. Turtle was outside, buried in what looked like 3 different winter coats and multiple very fluffy scarfs. He was shivering although he had on so many jackets he was practically a snowman, which shouldn't have surprised Qibli that much- Turtle was always bundled up in too many clothes, even in summer because mosquito bites were the absolute bane of his existence.

The rest of the group arrived shortly after, and they spent a while just sitting inside- Moon offered to make everyone extra hot cocoa, making sure not to put any marshmallows in Turtle's cup because he was still traumatized from that time he and Peril got lost in the woods because of a thieving raccoon. Qibli tried to restrain himself from throwing bad snow puns at Winter, but he failed, and Kinkajou bragged to everyone about her new pair of 'super-mega awesome' earmuffs. But the real fun began when they went outside.

"Come on you guys, playing in the snow is the best part!" begged Kinkajou, practically dragging the others outside. "Oooooooh we could do a snowball fight! That would be super fun!"

"Did someone say fight?!?" Exclaimed Peril, already making a sizeable snowball. Soon enough, everyone was playing, except for Winter- "I refuse to engage in these vulgar activities!" He declared, crossing his arms. "I am a young adult, and I do not have time for such-" a big snowball suddenly hit the back of his head and he whirled around in fury, grabbed a handful of soft, fluffy snow that wasn't even formed into a ball, and threw it directly at Qibli, even though he wasn't responsible, yelling: "YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT, SAND SNORTER!"

Kinkajou snickered from next to him, brushing the snow off of her mittens. "We got him!"

Lol I hope you liked it though this chapter was a little short, and don't forget to vote!

Also, I found this meme online and I am convinced this is how it happened: