Guess I'm in Yearbook club now...

I had an absurd amount of work to do today, so I didn't have time to check my grammar or reread many times for plot holes. Please excuse me if this chapter isn't as good as my others. Anyways, here it is:

Peril walked down the school hallway, holding her cell phone and following a man who might just be the scariest person in Pyrrhia high school.

*FLASHBACK*

After telling everyone his plan, Qibli gathered the whole friend group in his house to plan out what to do. They were all sitting at his dining room table, paying attention. Well except for Peril, who was leaning backwards in her chair, or fiddling with a sandy yellow placemat-anything but listening to the plan. It just seemed so ridiculous. Moon had quickly shot down any idea that had to do with her mother seeing Morrowseer in person because she thought it would shock her too much if it really was him and then she would get noticed-which would defeat the point of them knowing before the vice principal. Then Kinkajou had suggested that they just show her a photo. But he wasn't on the school site yet. And one thing had led to another until somehow they came to the conclusion that someone would have to stalk him and get a photo.

And that person would have to be Peril. She was not about to sit on the sidelines while the others got to partake in all the action. After all, patience wasn't exactly one of her strengths. And if she couldn't even beat him up, at least she could do something to Morrowseer-the way he had looked at her during homeroom yesterday, like she was everything wrong with the world, like he could see all her insecurities and secrets and was ready to tell everyone -had disturbed her so deeply that a little bud of hatred for him had begun to grow. Who does this man think he is! He can't make me feel inferior! She thought with indignation. This man was someone with bad intentions. She could feel it. And she kind of had grown to like this little friend group- So just a little bit of stalking can't hurt, right?

She sped up her pace because Morrowseer seemed to be walking faster. Her friends had given her strict instructions to be stealthy, get one photo, and then promptly leave. But who said she had to listen to them? Plus, stealth was not one of her strengths. And neither was following directions.

Any hopes of going according to plan were crushed when Morrrowseer suddenly whirled around to glare at her. She impulsively snapped a picture of his face and glared back at him. Peril had always been one of the tallest kids in class. Sometimes she was even taller than her teachers. But this man was HUGE. He towered over the redheaded girl, once again giving her that look of piercing disappointment. "Hand over the cell phone, brat" he boomed. Peril stood on the tips of her toes to look taller and puffed out her chest. "you're not the boss of me!" she retorted. great. now I sound like a kindergartener. The vice principal chuckled. "I am superior to you in every way!"
"you are a boomer!" she pointed out. way to come up with mature comebacks, Peril!

Morrowseer was practically seething with anger by now. "what makes you think you have the authority to take a photo of my glorious face?" he spat. Peril stifled a laugh. Did he just say glorious face? But then she realized it wasn't a rhetorical question and began to panic. "Ummmm....yearbook club!" she lied.

"clubs and athletics don't start until next week..."

"I'm making a..... portfolio!"

He looked a little less livid now but still furious that she had made a fool out of him. "I'd better see you in yearbook club...or else" He slithered away, practically exhaling smoke like a fire breathing dragon or something.

Great. Guess I'm in yearbook club now.