Teamwork is Overrated

OH. MY. GOSH! PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING AND SUPPORTING MY STORY!

Group projects are arguably one of the worst things ever. The only thing worse than a group project? An excruciatingly long group project, with a complete stranger, who seems about as interesting as a puddle.

Peril stood listlessly in the middle of the history classroom, wondering what she had done to deserve such bad luck in partners. No, really there were A LOT of things that she could have done to deserve this, she just couldn't decide which one it was. Her partner, Turtle walked up to her cautiously. "Umm hey. So I guess we're working together?" She looked down at the boy, who was a lot shorter than her. "Yes...but I doubt you can keep up with me. What historical figure should we focus on?"

"I was thinking...maybe Hamilton, since I already know some about him from the musical?" He said. Peril looked at him in confusion. "Who?"

Turtle's eyes widened. "You know, the ten dollar founding father without a father? ALEXANDER HAMILTON?!?"
"That doesn't ring any bells."
"Then you are seriously short on bells."
"Did you just call me short?"
"This is hopeless" He sighed
"I agree"

In the end, they both parted ways having agreed to work on Hamilton and make a presentation about him together. Things seemed to be going quite well, actually. Maybe Peril could work with this boy after all, and in two weeks they could present their work the night before homecoming, which ironically enough was themed: history glam. and maybe everything would go smoothly this time. Unfortunately for Peril, things rarely went the way she wanted them to. And she should have known something was up when she heard footsteps behind her on the way home.

She whirled around, ready to defend herself from a possible attacker. But there was no one behind her. Just then, a twig snapped from somewhere in the bushes, and like any sensible 'bruh girl' would do, Peril shouted out: "I AM A BLACK BELT IN KARATE AND WAS CHAMPION AT WRESTLING IN MIDDLE SCHOOL, FEEL FREE TO FIGHT ME!"

And someone did come out of the bushes, but to her disappointment, it was only Turtle the theatre kid. "Hey Peril, sorry to sneak up on you like that, but please don't hurt me, and also I don't think you should scream so loud when walking through a suburban neighborhood." She frowned at him. "Just a suggestion?"

"Why were you stalking me?" She asked. "Well, I wanted to ask a favor of you." Turtle began. "My mom made reservations at a luxury mountain cabin for my sister Anemone's birthday, and my sister was going to take a weekend trip there with five of her friends. But apparently, she didn't want to go to the mountains, and the reservation is uncancellable. Sooo I was wondering if you could come to the cabin with me and some others? Maybe?" Peril immediately turned back around and began walking home. "Absolutely not. Why would you even invite me in the first place?"

"Listen, this is my chance to show my mom that I can be confident and too! I need to take this chance to show her I have friends! Please just consider it." He pleaded. Peril stopped and turned towards the boy. "Fine."

Little did she know...

Here's another late night written chapter! Also, I cannot even express how happy I am that people are actually seeing my writing and interacting with it! I love hearing your opinions and I actually SQUEALED when I saw that some of you voted!!! Thank you so much and please continue showing your support😆