30

I've been visiting Kodi in the hospital for the past week. Nothing has happened yet. Her heart monitor goes off the charts whenever I talk to her or touch her and Marie says that's a good sign that she can hear me. She said that she's recovering well and that they're going to be taking her out of the coma soon if she doesn't wake up herself.

Kara and I are the only ones who can calm Kaleb down and with her having to go to work I'm the one who has to watch Kaleb, at least after college classes I do. I don't mind, but I only get to see Kodi for a little bit a day. Addy has been trying to talk to me, but  I won't talk back. I feel numb without Kodi. Kaleb seems to be the only thing keeping me stable since he's basically a part of her.

Kyler has been staying at the hospital with her, but she came home to watch Kaleb so I could go.

I was on my way to the hospital, my fingers drumming against the steering wheel of the car. I had to take one of Kodi's family cars and this shit is expensive as fuck. If I crash this bitch I'm dead. I sucked in my bottom lip as I parked in a spot.

Entering the hospital, the smells hit me full force and I shivered. I hated it here. I just wanted to visit my girlfriend. I nodded to the desk woman and headed to Kodi's room.

I smiled softly at her, seeing the bruising over her body and face slowing starting to go away. I sat down in the chair that I've occupied many times over the week and grabbed her hand, giving it a soft kiss. I bit my lip, trying not to cry. I just wanted to see her eyes again, her smile, and feel her lips. I took a deep breath.

"Please wake up Kodi, it's been a week. I miss you so much."

Her heart monitor starting going off once again and I smiled. I liked that I had that affect on her. I heard a groan escape her lips and my head shot up. Her eyelids started to move and her eyes slowly opened.

"Hi baby," I sobbed softly. She smiled weakly at me.

"Hi.. Are we in a hospital?" Her voice was very raspy.

"Yeah, we are. Do you remember anything?" She nodded her head and closed her eyes.

"My head and stomach hurt," she said softly. I pressed the nurse button on the remote and I kissed the back of her hand.

"Yeah love, I know. You'll be okay soon, I called the doctor in."

Soon Marie came in with a clipboard and she smiled at us.

"Hi there Ms. Cooper, you're awake I see. How're you feeling?" She sat in the swivel chair in the corner.

"Can I get some water?" She asked. Marie got up and went into a cupboard and handed her some. Kodi chugged it down and sighed.

"I'm feeling okay. I have a headache and my stomach hurts, and my thigh feels sore."

Marie nodded and wrote some stuff down.

"Tell me all you remember," she stated. Kodi looked to the side and squeezed my hand. I rubbed my thumb over her skin and she opened her mouth to speak.

"Going to the store, going back to the car, seeing he escaped. He broke my window and I woke up in a dirty room tied up to a pole on the ground. He beat me,  stabbed me, and cut me. He told me I wasn't going to see the light of day if I didn't cooperate, but I didn't care because I refused to be his. I didn't want to be his," she whispered. I watched as a few tears escaped her beautiful eyes and I bit my lip. How disgusting is he. I hope that bastard rots in hell. Marie wrote more stuff down and told us she was going to go get her family. Kodi looked at me and smiled.

"It's nice to see you," she whispered. "Can I kiss you?" I chuckled at her and placed my hand under her jaw, stroking it before placing my lips gently on hers. My body automatically felt like it was on fire and our lips moved perfectly together. Her own quivered against mine, and her heart monitor started beeping rapidly for the hundredth time. I smiled and pulled away, placing my forehead on hers to let her calm down. I opened my eyes and she was already looking at me. Her glint was already back and I felt relieved. I hope this wasn't going to be hard. I was going to be with her every step of the way. I smiled at her lovingly and pecked her lips again before sitting in the chair. Right on time because the door started opening and people came rushing in. It was just her parents and Emily and Kenny. They got here pretty fast. I stood up to go by the door to let everybody greet her. Her eyes turned dull again and I frowned.